Dual Major in Adolescence Education: Social Studies and History (7-12)
So you think you want to be a social studies teacher? We’re here to help. Just for you, we’ve designed a program rich in the subjects you love. This way you’ll further your passion for history while preparing to share it with the world.
- Teaching social studies (grades 7-12)
- Educational researcher, curriculum specialist, educational material developer
- Museums and heritage tourism
- Government and non-profit agencies and organizations
Be in Demand
- Our grads know their stuff. They all majored in a content area, which means that there is a depth to their knowledge, and it shows.
- Preparation, preparation, preparation. Our grads went through a rigorous sequence of courses with lots of opportunities to practice the craft.
- To become the best, our grads worked with the best. The faculty and cooperating teachers create supportive, challenging and exciting experiences for learning and growing.
- Preparation for teacher certification
- History Club
- Study abroad programs
- History honors society
- Individualized research projects
College is more than a classroom. Enhance your experience with extracurricular opportunities.
Plan movie nights, community events and field trips to historic sites.
Phi Alpha Theta, National History Honor Society