As an inclusive special education major, you’ll gain the knowledge, skills and experiences to teach children who have disabilities in grade 1-6 classrooms. The program draws on best practices to prepare teachers for all school environments with an emphasis on urban schools.
Student teaching and fieldwork provide real-world experience that brings classroom learning to life. Through our program, you’ll develop habits for lifelong learning, collaborate with professionals and families in high-need communities and promote equity and excellence.
The department also offers courses in multicultural and urban education, the role of gender in schooling, and the relationship between schools and society.
Demand for good teachers is high in this critically important field, and Cortland has a stellar reputation for preparing great teachers.
- School Building Leader [SBL] C.A.S. (Track 1)
- School Building Leader and School District Leader [SBL_SDL] C.A.S. (Track 4)
- School District Business Leader [SDBL] C.A.S. (Track 3)
- School District Leader [SDL] C.A.S. (Track 2)
- Teaching Students with Disabilities 1-6 [TSD] M.S.Ed.
- Teaching Students with Disabilities 7-12 [TDA] M.S.Ed.