If you can see yourself as a Web site developer, TV news director, journalist, special effects technician in the film industry or a public relations or advertising executive, then a major in communication studies is in your future.
The Communication Studies Department offers degrees in both communication studies and new communication media that are supported by professional-level production facilities. These majors allow you to tailor your program of study to meet personal learning and employment objectives.
Courses in both majors are supplemented by work with the student-run newspaper, radio station or other campus media, an extensive internship program and a highly developed study abroad program.
At SUNY Cortland, you’ll gain experience leading to a successful career and have the opportunity to further your education through graduate studies or professional training.
- Nominations Sought for Civic Engagement Awards March 02, 2015
- College Lands Big Sean for Spring Fling February 25, 2015
- Sports Info Director Earns National Honors February 24, 2015
- ‘Topographies’ Explores Landscape Through Art February 24, 2015
- College to Launch Student Opinion Survey February 24, 2015
- Professor to Discuss Giant Tortoise Conservation February 24, 2015
- SUNY Cortland to Honor Peter DiNardo ’68 February 24, 2015
- ‘R/Evolution’ Series Continues during March February 24, 2015
- Research Lab Named in Professor’s Memory February 24, 2015
- ‘A Solar Home Companion’ Coming Feb. 28 February 24, 2015
- Development Sociologist to Discuss Farming February 24, 2015
- Ignite Challenge Invites Young Graduates February 24, 2015
- Hanson Place Men’s Chorale to Sing March 7 February 24, 2015
- Voice for Justice System Reform to Speak February 24, 2015
- Professor Plays Key Role in Historic Athletics Decision February 24, 2015