If you can see yourself as a Web site developer, TV news director, journalist, special effects technician in the film industry or a public relations or advertising executive, then a major in communication studies is in your future.
The Communication Studies Department offers degrees in both communication studies and new communication media that are supported by professional-level production facilities. These majors allow you to tailor your program of study to meet personal learning and employment objectives.
Courses in both majors are supplemented by work with the student-run newspaper, radio station or other campus media, an extensive internship program and a highly developed study abroad program.
At SUNY Cortland, you’ll gain experience leading to a successful career and have the opportunity to further your education through graduate studies or professional training.
- Genetic Modified Crops is Feb. 11 Topic January 27, 2015
- College Celebrates 25 Years of Disabilities Act January 27, 2015
- Sophomore Wins National Gilman Scholarship January 27, 2015
- Motivational 'Diva' to Perform Feb. 5 January 27, 2015
- Senior Shines at National Health Conference January 27, 2015
- Students Expand Latino Fraternity Options January 27, 2015
- GE referendum ends Feb. 3 January 27, 2015
- SAB Announces Country Music Show January 26, 2015
- Carnegie Recognizes Community Engagement January 26, 2015
- History Program Calls Teachers to the Wild January 23, 2015
- Opening Considers Hot Topics in Higher Ed January 23, 2015
- New Student Life Center to Open Feb. 16 January 22, 2015
- Noelle Chaddock Named Chief Diversity Officer January 22, 2015
- Lisa Court Named Associate VP of Development January 22, 2015
- The Bistro Off Broadway to Open on Jan. 23 January 20, 2015