The art and art history curriculum develops critical thinking skills and creative problem solving by immersing you in the history and making of visual art.
You’ll benefit from small, engaging classes taught in modern studios designed for sculpture, ceramics, painting, drawing, two-dimensional design, printmaking, weaving, surface design and digital art.
In addition to numerous study abroad opportunities, you also
can experience hands-on learning with internships in the fashion industry and at graphic design firms, galleries and museums. The Beard Gallery on Main Street in Cortland allows you to showcase your art while the Dowd Gallery on campus exposes you to exhibits by faculty and visiting artists.
When you graduate with a Cortland art or art history degree, you will be well prepared to launch your career in professional art, design or photography; in academic, curatorial or arts management positions; or in a range of other fields related to art.
Lindsay Wilson and Sarah Lampke have been selected for the Best of SUNY student show at the New York State Museum in Albany.
- Study Abroad Fair Set for Oct. 1 in Corey Union August 19, 2014
- Tai Chi Master Plans Demonstration, Workshop August 19, 2014
- Brother Stays True to Kappa Until the End August 15, 2014
- Feel the Pulse of Red Dragon Pride at the State Fair August 15, 2014
- Share Your Good News, Class Notes Submissions Online August 15, 2014
- Moot Court Resumes Training Legal Eagles August 13, 2014
- When Multiple Twins Came to Campus August 13, 2014
- Camp Offers Chance of a Lifetime for Kids August 07, 2014
- Jets’ Green and White Practice Means Fireworks July 30, 2014
- Conference to Target Mathematics Education July 22, 2014
- Students Focus on Summer Study Abroad July 22, 2014
- Students to Start Fall Classes on Aug. 25 July 22, 2014
- College Teams Finish Strong at Corporate Challenge July 22, 2014
- Jets’ Downtown Touchdown Set for Wednesday July 21, 2014
- Jets Camp Not Just for Football Fans July 18, 2014
Art Exhibition Association
To promote the involvement and activities concerning the Cortland Art Community, such as films, speakers, workshops, exhibitions and other related activities.Read More About Art and Art History Department Clubs