The art and art history curriculum develops critical thinking skills and creative problem solving by immersing you in the history and making of visual art.
You’ll benefit from small, engaging classes taught in modern studios designed for sculpture, ceramics, painting, drawing, two-dimensional design, printmaking, weaving, surface design and digital art.
In addition to numerous study abroad opportunities, you also
can experience hands-on learning with internships in the fashion industry and at graphic design firms, galleries and museums. The Beard Gallery on Main Street in Cortland allows you to showcase your art while the Dowd Gallery on campus exposes you to exhibits by faculty and visiting artists.
When you graduate with a Cortland art or art history degree, you will be well prepared to launch your career in professional art, design or photography; in academic, curatorial or arts management positions; or in a range of other fields related to art.
Lindsay Wilson and Sarah Lampke have been selected for the Best of SUNY student show at the New York State Museum in Albany.
- Alumna Makes Her Second $1 Million College Gift October 31, 2014
- Voices Sought for Inequality Discussion October 30, 2014
- Top Southeastern Conference Official to Speak October 28, 2014
- Belize Zoo Visitors Offer Oct. 28 Talk October 28, 2014
- ‘Brigadoon’ Returns to Dowd Center Oct. 24 October 24, 2014
- Cortaca Ticket Information Announced October 22, 2014
- Recreation Conference Set for Nov. 6 and 7 October 21, 2014
- Motivational Speaker to Discuss College Success October 21, 2014
- New Exhibition Brings International Appeal October 21, 2014
- Biologist Joins Space-age Science Venture October 21, 2014
- Cortaca Battle is Out for Blood Donations October 21, 2014
- Barry Earns Lifetime Achievement Award October 21, 2014
- Diverse Outlook Among Future Educators is Topic October 21, 2014
- College Plans 29th African American Gospel Music Festival October 21, 2014
- Daniel Dryja ’04 Named Supervisor of Grounds Department October 21, 2014
Art Exhibition Association
To promote the involvement and activities concerning the Cortland Art Community, such as films, speakers, workshops, exhibitions and other related activities.Read More About Art and Art History Department Clubs