The Alliance of Physical Education Majors at SUNY Cortland promotes physical education as a vital discipline paramount to the total development of healthy individuals. APEM focuses on increasing knowledge, attitude and professionalism of the students and faculty within the major. It helps provide networks between students, state and national professional organizations, and physical education professionals in the field, provides information workshops, conferences and various other activities and programs to create a stronger community for those involved in the major and promote the goals of SUNY Cortland's Physical Education Program.
The PE Majors Club has three missions:
- to promote physical education as a vital discipline paramount to the total development of healthy individuals by focusing on increasing knowledge, attitude and professionalism of teacher candidates;
- to actively plan and deliver programs at the state and national conferences;
- to increase networking opportunities for teacher candidates and current PE teachers by organizing the SUNY Cortland Mini-Conference and other professional development workshops.
APEM Officers Spring 2013
- President - Abigail Stewart
- Vice-President - Kevin Crudele
- Treasurer - Danielle Shangold
- Secretary - Isabella Zaccagnino
- More information and positions at the club Website