Immerse yourself in the language and culture of France. Develop oral and written skills that, combined with preparation in related disciplines, lead to an international perspective, global awareness as well as a wide variety of career options.
- Business: International trade, bilingual consultant, translator, customer support agent
- Government: Diplomacy, FBI, National Security Agency, Border Patrol, immigration agencies, government or court translator
- Writing: Newspapers, trade publications, book publishers, bilingual translator for websites, proofreader, writer, editor
- Tourism and hospitality: Interpreter, guide, bilingual travel agent, study abroad coordinator or director
- Education: Teaching in private schools or in private sector, pursue masters and/or doctorate to become a college professor
What Will I Learn?
You will learn the French language to the degree to which you were taught English. You will learn about the French culture through literature, media, its history and past civilizations. By choosing many of your classes through elective courses, you can tailor your program to your specific interests.
- Study abroad
- Internship opportunities
- Language Proficiency Certificate: SUNY Cortland is a testing site for the certificate for proficiency in commercial French.
- Foreign language learning center
College is more than a classroom. Enhance your experience with extracurricular opportunities. Nothing builds language skills like immersion in another culture. Choose from our many study abroad programs to round out your experience.
Pi Delta Phi