The ability to speak another language and understand its culture becomes your passport to greater global awareness. With majors in French and Spanish; degrees leading to teaching certification in French, Spanish and Teaching English as a Second Language; plus courses in Arabic, Chinese, German, Italian and American Sign Language, Cortland provides an international perspective.
Because nothing builds language skills like immersion in another culture, we encourage you to study abroad through our programs in Spain, Mexico, Venezuela, Germany and France. Whatever choices you make, your Cortland degree will provide a solid foundation for foreign language teaching or careers in international business and other professions.
The Foreign Language Teaching Forum is an integrated service for Foreign Language (FL) teachers. Resources include this website, the email Listserv Academic Discussion List (FLTEACH@listserv.buffalo.edu), list archives and the FLNews server at the SUNY Cortland. FLTEACH was founded in February 1994 and runs on a computer at SUNY Buffalo.
- Adolescence Education: French (7-12) [AFR]
- Adolescence Education: French and Spanish (7-12) [AFS]
- Adolescence Education: Spanish (7-12) [ASP]
- French [FRE]
- French Minor [FRE]
- Spanish [SPA]
- Spanish Minor [SPA]
- Teaching English as a Second Language (K-12) Certification [ESL_CERT]
- Teaching English as a Second Language ? Non-Certification [ESL_NCRT]
- Teaching English as a Second Language Minor [ESL]