If you want to pursue a career in a health or fitness setting, you’ll need a theoretical and practical knowledge base to meet your goals. A concentrated course program provides essential theoretical information. You’ll apply this knowledge through an internship experience in exercise, wellness, health promotion, corporate fitness, cardiac rehabilitation, commercial fitness or other related areas.
- Corporate wellness specialist
- Community wellness program director
- Strength and conditioning coach
- Worksite fitness/wellness center director
- Health coach/personal trainer
- Cardiac/pulmonary rehabilitation
- Chiropractic medicine
What Will I Learn?
- You’ll be in a flexible, broad-based program that combines major courses with a number of electives.
- Courses emphasize current research as well as its practical application.
- You’ll take core courses in exercise science along with classes in other disciplines such as:
- Physical education
- Social sciences
- Applied sciences
- Internship for your degree
- Work with faculty and your colleagues on research studies
- Work with Center for Obesity Research and Education (C.O.R.E.)
- Clubs that will help immerse you in your study through fieldwork
- Work with a faculty or staff member as your client
- Study abroad in England, Germany and Australia
College is more than a classroom. Enhance your experience with extracurricular opportunities:
- Healthy Now Teen Program
- Practicum experiences
- Research projects with faculty
- Participation in service-learning opportunities in the community
- Dartfish Club
- FIT Club
- American Heart Association Club