If you have ever wanted to own a health club or be a personal trainer, work for a professional sports team as an athletic trainer
or research the biomechanics of an Olympic athlete, then the
Kinesiology Department is for you.
The department offers five majors—athletic training, coaching, exercise science, fitness development, and sport studies. Our programs are designed to prepare you for a wide variety of professions related to
physical activity and sport. They also serve as a stepping stone to professional and graduate schools in medicine, physical therapy, exercise physiology, biomechanics and motor behavior.
With a national reputation for quality, a long list of successful graduates and the growing demand for health care personnel, the Kinesiology Department at SUNY Cortland will be an excellent choice to prepare you for an exciting future.
SUNY Cortland's impressive academic and athletic facilities are used extensively by students, faculty and staff in the Kinesiology Department. Located within walking distance of each other at the bottom of the College hill (see map below) are athletic fields, a stadium complex, a sports arena, an ice rink, training rooms, a field house and several technology-infused laboratories and classrooms.
- Local Teachers Hone Skills at College March 24, 2015
- Chancellor to Honor Four Students for Excellence March 24, 2015
- Sociologist to Discuss Humanity's Global Effects March 24, 2015
- Filmmaker to Discuss Human Enhancement March 24, 2015
- College's Outdoor Centers Explained at Roundtable March 24, 2015
- Casting Complete for ‘Legally Blonde, The Musical’ March 24, 2015
- April Events Continue Project on Eastern and Central Europe March 24, 2015
- Workshop Calls Young Girls to STEM Fields March 24, 2015
- Blaze Falls Just Short in Mascot Madness March 24, 2015
- Student Climber Rescues Trapped Dog March 23, 2015
- Campus Celebrates Student Life Center Opening March 18, 2015
- Alumnus to Lead Southeastern Conference March 13, 2015
- Students Plan One ‘Big Event’ for Service March 10, 2015
- Diversity Conference Planned for March 28 March 10, 2015
- Students Bring Leadership Society to Campus March 10, 2015
- Athletic Training [ATR]
- Coaching [CCH]
- Exercise Science [EXSC]
- Exercise Science Minor [EXSC]
- Fitness Development [FIT]
- Kinesiology [KIN]
- Sport Studies [SPST]
- Sport Studies Minor [SPST]
Athletics Trainers Club
The mission of the club is to initiate and promote an interest in the Athletic Training profession and to establish a professional code of ethics with regard to athletic training.
Meetings: Wednesdays, 7:30 p.m. Park Center, Room A317