Skip to Main Content
Skip to Secondary Navigation
School Health Systems Change
What is the School Health Systems Change Project?
- A partnership between SUNY Cortland Health Department and New York Education Department
- A grant funded project designed to work with local school districts to:
- lead to sustainable school health systems change
- build the capacity of the schools to use school health planning process model
What are the goals of the SHSC Project?
- To improve student health
- Build the capacity of schools to coordinate school health programs, policies, and practices,
- Deliver evidence-based health education instruction
How will the SHSC Project achieve these goals?
- Create and mobilize partnerships among P-12 districts/schools and teacher/administration education programs housed within higher education
- Propose school health systems change projects
- Conduct professional development institutes