Economics [ECO] (Major)
The economics major emphasizes critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills, in addition to providing technical training in the economics discipline. Students are encouraged to apply analytical techniques to real world problems that are developed in elective courses within the major.
- Financial Analyst
Note: A minimum grade of C in the foundational classes (ECO 105, ECO 110 and ECO 111) is required for all economics and business economics majors before taking upper-level courses that require any of these foundational classes as prerequisites.
- ECO 105 - Political Economy and Social Thought (3 cr. hr.)
- ECO 110 - Principles of Macroeconomics (3 cr. hr.)
- ECO 111 - Principles of Microeconomics (3 cr. hr.)
- ECO 221 - Economic Statistics (3 cr. hr.)
- ECO 222 - Mathematical Economics (3 cr. hr.)
- ECO 300 - Macroeconomic Theory (3 cr. hr.)
- ECO 301 - Economics of the Firm (3 cr. hr.)
Total credit hours required for graduation: 120