Use the knowledge and vision of Smart & Good Schools in the following ways:
Take advantage of the Smart & Good High Schools report and other free resources below for learning about the Smart & Good Schools vision and sharing that knowledge with others.
Subscribe to Excellence & Ethics:The Education Letter of the Smart & Good Schools Initiative (free). Published once a year, this education letter carries articles on best practices K-12 for developing performance character and moral character. Best way to introduce colleagues to practical strategies for implementing the Smart & Good vision.
View previous issues (cover stories listed below; more articles inside):
- Fall 2015: Special issue on critical thinking
- Winter 2014: Focusing on dating violence, the hookup culture, and girls at risk.
- Winter/Spring 2013 Special issues on families and parenting
- Winter/Spring 2012 Special issue on bullying
- winter 2011 Special issue on academic integrity
- winter/spring 2010 "Power2 Programming: Feedback from the Field"
- fall 2009 "Best Work, Best Self: the Pursuit of Excellence at The Shipley School"
- spring 2009 "Born Again Teacher: Transforming Math Class Through the Power of Character"
- winter 2009 "The 4 Keys: Maximizing the Power of any Character Education Practice"
- fall 2008 "Maximizing the Power of Character through the Integration of Excellence and Ethics"