Adolescence Education: French and Spanish (7-12)
Share your love of foreign languages, foreign literatures and foreign cultures. You’ll develop multilingual communicative skills for a wide range of purposes and develop language skills, cultural awareness and the pedagogical background necessary to teach both French and Spanish in grades 7-12 in New York state.
- French and Spanish in elementary school when you take the extension course
- Middle school teacher
- High school teacher
What Will I Learn?
Most of your credit hours will be focused on French and Spanish, but you will also take courses in
- Adolescence Education
- Students with disabilities
- Study abroad
- Internship opportunities
- Language clubs
- Language Proficiency Certificate: SUNY Cortland is a testing site for the certificate for proficiency in commercial French.
- Foreign language learning center
- Foreign Language Early Start (FLES) methods course for K-6 certification extension
College is more than a classroom. Enhance your experience with extracurricular opportunities. Nothing builds language skills like immersion in another culture. Choose from our many study abroad programs to round out your experience.