If you have ever wanted to own a health club or be a personal trainer, work for a professional sports team as an athletic trainer
or research the biomechanics of an Olympic athlete, then the
Kinesiology Department is for you.
The department offers five majors—athletic training, coaching, exercise science, fitness development, and sport studies. Our programs are designed to prepare you for a wide variety of professions related to
physical activity and sport. They also serve as a stepping stone to professional and graduate schools in medicine, physical therapy, exercise physiology, biomechanics and motor behavior.
With a national reputation for quality, a long list of successful graduates and the growing demand for health care personnel, the Kinesiology Department at SUNY Cortland will be an excellent choice to prepare you for an exciting future.
SUNY Cortland's impressive academic and athletic facilities are used extensively by students, faculty and staff in the Kinesiology Department. Located within walking distance of each other at the bottom of the College hill (see map below) are athletic fields, a stadium complex, a sports arena, an ice rink, training rooms, a field house and several technology-infused laboratories and classrooms.
- Recreation Conference Set for Nov. 6 and 7 November 03, 2014
- Diverse Outlook Among Future Educators is Topic November 03, 2014
- Alumna Makes Her Second $1 Million College Gift October 31, 2014
- Voices Sought for Inequality Discussion October 30, 2014
- Top Southeastern Conference Official to Speak October 28, 2014
- Belize Zoo Visitors Offer Oct. 28 Talk October 28, 2014
- ‘Brigadoon’ Returns to Dowd Center Oct. 24 October 24, 2014
- Cortaca Ticket Information Announced October 22, 2014
- Motivational Speaker to Discuss College Success October 21, 2014
- New Exhibition Brings International Appeal October 21, 2014
- Biologist Joins Space-age Science Venture October 21, 2014
- Cortaca Battle is Out for Blood Donations October 21, 2014
- Barry Earns Lifetime Achievement Award October 21, 2014
- College Plans 29th African American Gospel Music Festival October 21, 2014
- Daniel Dryja ’04 Named Supervisor of Grounds Department October 21, 2014
- Athletic Training [ATR]
- Coaching [CCH]
- Exercise Science [EXSC]
- Exercise Science Minor [EXSC]
- Fitness Development [FIT]
- Kinesiology [KIN]
- Sport Studies [SPST]
- Sport Studies Minor [SPST]
Athletics Trainers Club
The mission of the club is to initiate and promote an interest in the Athletic Training profession and to establish a professional code of ethics with regard to athletic training.
Meetings: Wednesdays, 7:30 p.m. Park Center, Room A317