If you have ever wanted to own a health club or be a personal trainer, work for a professional sports team as an athletic trainer
or research the biomechanics of an Olympic athlete, then the
Kinesiology Department is for you.
The department offers five majors—athletic training, coaching, exercise science, fitness development, and sport studies. Our programs are designed to prepare you for a wide variety of professions related to
physical activity and sport. They also serve as a stepping stone to professional and graduate schools in medicine, physical therapy, exercise physiology, biomechanics and motor behavior.
With a national reputation for quality, a long list of successful graduates and the growing demand for health care personnel, the Kinesiology Department at SUNY Cortland will be an excellent choice to prepare you for an exciting future.
SUNY Cortland's impressive academic and athletic facilities are used extensively by students, faculty and staff in the Kinesiology Department. Located within walking distance of each other at the bottom of the College hill (see map below) are athletic fields, a stadium complex, a sports arena, an ice rink, training rooms, a field house and several technology-infused laboratories and classrooms.
- Six Appeal to Offer A Cappella Concert Feb. 27 February 09, 2015
- “Beauty and the Beast” Athletic Event to Premiere February 06, 2015
- Concerned Students Plan Columbus “Teach-In” February 05, 2015
- Panel Explores Cross-Cultural Communication February 04, 2015
- ‘Wellness’ Series Offered to Campus, Community February 03, 2015
- College Celebrates 25 Years of Disabilities Act January 27, 2015
- Sophomore Wins National Gilman Scholarship January 27, 2015
- Motivational 'Diva' to Perform Feb. 5 January 27, 2015
- Senior Shines at National Health Conference January 27, 2015
- Students Expand Latino Fraternity Options January 27, 2015
- GE referendum ends Feb. 3 January 27, 2015
- SAB Announces Country Music Show January 26, 2015
- Carnegie Recognizes Community Engagement January 26, 2015
- History Program Calls Teachers to the Wild January 23, 2015
- Opening Considers Hot Topics in Higher Ed January 23, 2015
- Athletic Training [ATR]
- Coaching [CCH]
- Exercise Science [EXSC]
- Exercise Science Minor [EXSC]
- Fitness Development [FIT]
- Kinesiology [KIN]
- Sport Studies [SPST]
- Sport Studies Minor [SPST]
Athletics Trainers Club
The mission of the club is to initiate and promote an interest in the Athletic Training profession and to establish a professional code of ethics with regard to athletic training.
Meetings: Wednesdays, 7:30 p.m. Park Center, Room A317