If you have ever wanted to own a health club or be a personal trainer, work for a professional sports team as an athletic trainer
or research the biomechanics of an Olympic athlete, then the
Kinesiology Department is for you.
The department offers five majors—athletic training, coaching, exercise science, fitness development, and sport studies. Our programs are designed to prepare you for a wide variety of professions related to
physical activity and sport. They also serve as a stepping stone to professional and graduate schools in medicine, physical therapy, exercise physiology, biomechanics and motor behavior.
With a national reputation for quality, a long list of successful graduates and the growing demand for health care personnel, the Kinesiology Department at SUNY Cortland will be an excellent choice to prepare you for an exciting future.
SUNY Cortland's impressive academic and athletic facilities are used extensively by students, faculty and staff in the Kinesiology Department. Located within walking distance of each other at the bottom of the College hill (see map below) are athletic fields, a stadium complex, a sports arena, an ice rink, training rooms, a field house and several technology-infused laboratories and classrooms.
- Spring Fling Act to Be Announced Tuesday February 23, 2015
- Residence Life Conference to Train Superheroes February 19, 2015
- College to Stage ‘The Glass Menagerie’ February 19, 2015
- Nominations Sought Civic Engagement Awards February 19, 2015
- Body Appreciation Week Events Planned February 19, 2015
- College Adds Online Certificate in Recreation February 13, 2015
- Spring 2015 Performing Arts Schedule Set February 10, 2015
- Student Life Center Grand Opening Planned February 10, 2015
- Interdisciplinary Series to Highlight ‘R/Evolution’ February 10, 2015
- Genetic Modified Crops is Feb. 11 Topic February 10, 2015
- Study Abroad Scholarships Presented February 10, 2015
- Students Get Ready to Relay for Life February 10, 2015
- Peter Perkins Named VP for Institutional Advancement February 10, 2015
- Gov. Cuomo’s Budget Explained February 10, 2015
- Residence Life Conference to Train Superheroes February 10, 2015
- Athletic Training [ATR]
- Coaching [CCH]
- Exercise Science [EXSC]
- Exercise Science Minor [EXSC]
- Fitness Development [FIT]
- Kinesiology [KIN]
- Sport Studies [SPST]
- Sport Studies Minor [SPST]
Athletics Trainers Club
The mission of the club is to initiate and promote an interest in the Athletic Training profession and to establish a professional code of ethics with regard to athletic training.
Meetings: Wednesdays, 7:30 p.m. Park Center, Room A317