If you have ever wanted to own a health club or be a personal trainer, work for a professional sports team as an athletic trainer
or research the biomechanics of an Olympic athlete, then the
Kinesiology Department is for you.
The department offers five majors—athletic training, coaching, exercise science, fitness development, and sport studies. Our programs are designed to prepare you for a wide variety of professions related to
physical activity and sport. They also serve as a stepping stone to professional and graduate schools in medicine, physical therapy, exercise physiology, biomechanics and motor behavior.
With a national reputation for quality, a long list of successful graduates and the growing demand for health care personnel, the Kinesiology Department at SUNY Cortland will be an excellent choice to prepare you for an exciting future.
SUNY Cortland's impressive academic and athletic facilities are used extensively by students, faculty and staff in the Kinesiology Department. Located within walking distance of each other at the bottom of the College hill (see map below) are athletic fields, a stadium complex, a sports arena, an ice rink, training rooms, a field house and several technology-infused laboratories and classrooms.
- Local Bagel Business Booms for Young Grad November 18, 2014
- Handel’s ‘Messiah’ Concerts Set for Dec. 5 and 7 November 18, 2014
- ‘The Third Man’ Continues 'Rubble' Film Series November 17, 2014
- Chancellor Launches Education Innovation Center at Cortland November 14, 2014
- Advocate for Colombians Speaks Nov. 19 November 14, 2014
- College Singers to Offer 'Night Life' Music November 14, 2014
- College Boasts Pair of Cortaca Victories November 13, 2014
- School Districts Covet Alum’s Training November 12, 2014
- Student, Coach to Speak on Veterans Day November 11, 2014
- President Urges Cortaca Cooperation November 11, 2014
- Philanthropy Week to Honor 'Giving Back' November 10, 2014
- ‘Take Back Cortaca’ to Air on WSUC November 07, 2014
- Take Back Cortaca Events Announced November 06, 2014
- College-Community Orchestra to Perform November 05, 2014
- Eastern European Style Music Offered Nov. 22 November 04, 2014
- Athletic Training [ATR]
- Coaching [CCH]
- Exercise Science [EXSC]
- Exercise Science Minor [EXSC]
- Fitness Development [FIT]
- Kinesiology [KIN]
- Sport Studies [SPST]
- Sport Studies Minor [SPST]
Athletics Trainers Club
The mission of the club is to initiate and promote an interest in the Athletic Training profession and to establish a professional code of ethics with regard to athletic training.
Meetings: Wednesdays, 7:30 p.m. Park Center, Room A317