If you have ever wanted to own a health club or be a personal trainer, work for a professional sports team as an athletic trainer
or research the biomechanics of an Olympic athlete, then the
Kinesiology Department is for you.
The department offers five majors—athletic training, coaching, exercise science, fitness development, and sport studies. Our programs are designed to prepare you for a wide variety of professions related to
physical activity and sport. They also serve as a stepping stone to professional and graduate schools in medicine, physical therapy, exercise physiology, biomechanics and motor behavior.
With a national reputation for quality, a long list of successful graduates and the growing demand for health care personnel, the Kinesiology Department at SUNY Cortland will be an excellent choice to prepare you for an exciting future.
SUNY Cortland's impressive academic and athletic facilities are used extensively by students, faculty and staff in the Kinesiology Department. Located within walking distance of each other at the bottom of the College hill (see map below) are athletic fields, a stadium complex, a sports arena, an ice rink, training rooms, a field house and several technology-infused laboratories and classrooms.
- Diversity Conference Planned for March 28 March 10, 2015
- Students Bring Leadership Society to Campus March 10, 2015
- Student Life Center Ribbon to Be Cut March 10, 2015
- Woods Tea Co. to Perform March 28 March 09, 2015
- Students Offer Free Tax Prep Services March 09, 2015
- Physical Education Student Teachers Honored March 06, 2015
- Women’s History Month Theme is ‘Weaving’ March 06, 2015
- College Creates Online Physical Education Degree March 04, 2015
- Nominations Sought for Civic Engagement Awards March 02, 2015
- College Lands Big Sean for Spring Fling February 25, 2015
- Sports Info Director Earns National Honors February 24, 2015
- ‘Topographies’ Explores Landscape Through Art February 24, 2015
- Professor to Discuss Giant Tortoise Conservation February 24, 2015
- Research Lab Named in Professor’s Memory February 24, 2015
- ‘R/Evolution’ Series Continues during March February 24, 2015
- Athletic Training [ATR]
- Coaching [CCH]
- Exercise Science [EXSC]
- Exercise Science Minor [EXSC]
- Fitness Development [FIT]
- Kinesiology [KIN]
- Sport Studies [SPST]
- Sport Studies Minor [SPST]
Athletics Trainers Club
The mission of the club is to initiate and promote an interest in the Athletic Training profession and to establish a professional code of ethics with regard to athletic training.
Meetings: Wednesdays, 7:30 p.m. Park Center, Room A317