If you have ever wanted to own a health club or be a personal trainer, work for a professional sports team as an athletic trainer
or research the biomechanics of an Olympic athlete, then the
Kinesiology Department is for you.
The department offers five majors—athletic training, coaching, exercise science, fitness development, and sport studies. Our programs are designed to prepare you for a wide variety of professions related to
physical activity and sport. They also serve as a stepping stone to professional and graduate schools in medicine, physical therapy, exercise physiology, biomechanics and motor behavior.
With a national reputation for quality, a long list of successful graduates and the growing demand for health care personnel, the Kinesiology Department at SUNY Cortland will be an excellent choice to prepare you for an exciting future.
SUNY Cortland's impressive academic and athletic facilities are used extensively by students, faculty and staff in the Kinesiology Department. Located within walking distance of each other at the bottom of the College hill (see map below) are athletic fields, a stadium complex, a sports arena, an ice rink, training rooms, a field house and several technology-infused laboratories and classrooms.
- Professor Boosts Barduhn/EMS Award October 17, 2014
- Halloween Coming to Parks Alumni House October 16, 2014
- College SCEMS Club Engages the Community October 09, 2014
- Indian Orphanages to Benefit from College's Award October 09, 2014
- Geology Club Joins River Cleanup October 09, 2014
- College and Community Prepare for Cortaca Jug October 09, 2014
- Anne Hendrixson to Speak Oct. 15 October 08, 2014
- SEFA Appeal 2014-15 Launches Soon October 07, 2014
- Trick or Treating: SUNY Cortland Style October 07, 2014
- Newswanger to Direct Physical Plant October 07, 2014
- Avery Serves as Interim VP for Institutional Advancement October 07, 2014
- Fritz Named Interim Director of the Child Care Center October 07, 2014
- Akshara to Perform Indian Percussive Sound Oct. 12 October 02, 2014
- Open House to Showcase Campus Oct. 13 September 30, 2014
- Midterm Elections Are Roundtable Topic Oct. 16 September 29, 2014
- Athletic Training [ATR]
- Coaching [CCH]
- Exercise Science [EXSC]
- Exercise Science Minor [EXSC]
- Fitness Development [FIT]
- Kinesiology [KIN]
- Sport Studies [SPST]
- Sport Studies Minor [SPST]
Athletics Trainers Club
The mission of the club is to initiate and promote an interest in the Athletic Training profession and to establish a professional code of ethics with regard to athletic training.
Meetings: Wednesdays, 7:30 p.m. Park Center, Room A317