If you have ever wanted to own a health club or be a personal trainer, work for a professional sports team as an athletic trainer
or research the biomechanics of an Olympic athlete, then the
Kinesiology Department is for you.
The department offers five majors—athletic training, coaching, exercise science, fitness development, and sport studies. Our programs are designed to prepare you for a wide variety of professions related to
physical activity and sport. They also serve as a stepping stone to professional and graduate schools in medicine, physical therapy, exercise physiology, biomechanics and motor behavior.
With a national reputation for quality, a long list of successful graduates and the growing demand for health care personnel, the Kinesiology Department at SUNY Cortland will be an excellent choice to prepare you for an exciting future.
SUNY Cortland's impressive academic and athletic facilities are used extensively by students, faculty and staff in the Kinesiology Department. Located within walking distance of each other at the bottom of the College hill (see map below) are athletic fields, a stadium complex, a sports arena, an ice rink, training rooms, a field house and several technology-infused laboratories and classrooms.
- President’s Opening Talk Underlines Success August 26, 2014
- SUNYAC Honors Student-Athletes for Academics August 26, 2014
- Interim Assistant Directors of Athletics Named August 26, 2014
- Study Abroad Fair Set for Oct. 1 in Corey Union August 19, 2014
- Tai Chi Master Plans Demonstration, Workshop August 19, 2014
- Brother Stays True to Kappa Until the End August 15, 2014
- Feel the Pulse of Red Dragon Pride at the State Fair August 15, 2014
- Share Your Good News, Class Notes Submissions Online August 15, 2014
- Moot Court Resumes Training Legal Eagles August 13, 2014
- When Multiple Twins Came to Campus August 13, 2014
- Camp Offers Chance of a Lifetime for Kids August 07, 2014
- Jets’ Green and White Practice Means Fireworks July 30, 2014
- Conference to Target Mathematics Education July 22, 2014
- Students Focus on Summer Study Abroad July 22, 2014
- Students to Start Fall Classes on Aug. 25 July 22, 2014
- Athletic Training [ATR]
- Coaching [CCH]
- Exercise Science [EXSC]
- Exercise Science Minor [EXSC]
- Fitness Development [FIT]
- Kinesiology [KIN]
- Sport Studies [SPST]
- Sport Studies Minor [SPST]
Athletics Trainers Club
The mission of the club is to initiate and promote an interest in the Athletic Training profession and to establish a professional code of ethics with regard to athletic training.
Meetings: Wednesdays, 7:30 p.m. Park Center, Room A317