The Environmental Geoscience program will prepare you for entrance into graduate programs in the environmental geosciences and for careers as geoscience-oriented environmental scientists with private companies, industry, and state and federal agencies.
- Environmental geoscientist
- Watershed specialist
- Hydrologist or Hydrogeologist
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Below is Geology Major content - Edit as needed. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What Will I Learn?
- Study the composition, structure, processes and history of Earth
- Fieldwork and hands-on learning are infused throughout the program
- Learn research skills for modern geology
- Develop writing and presentation skills for professional development
- Take course work in related math and sciences
- New laboratories with state-of-the-art equipment and instrumentation
- Easy access to exceptional field sites in the Finger Lakes and beyond
- Summer field geology at our own Brauer Field Station
- Extensive collections of mineral, rock and fossil specimens
- Internships with geologic companies and government agencies
- Large, engaged alumni network in a wide range of positions
College is more than a classroom. Enhance your experience with extracurricular opportunities:
- Work with a faculty member on research with opportunities to present your work regionally, nationally or even internationally
- Become a lab teaching assistant or peer mentor to help other students and gain a deeper understanding of your courses
- Volunteer for community service with local environmental and school groups