With today's many challenging environmental problems, from pollution to climate change, the earth needs a hero. Are you that hero? Environmental Geoscience majors are a blend of deft scientists and passionate conservationists.
The Environmental Geoscience program will prepare you for entrance into graduate programs in the environmental geosciences and for careers as geoscience-oriented environmental scientists with private companies, industry, and state and federal agencies.
- Environmental geoscientist
- Watershed specialist
- Hydrologist or Hydrogeologist
What Will I Learn?
Study the environment from a geologic perspective
Fieldwork and hands-on learning are infused throughout the program
Learn research skills for modern environmental science
Develop writing and presentation skills for professional development
Interdisciplinary course work in related math and sciences
Internships with environmental companies and government agencies
New laboratories with state-of-the-art equipment and instrumentation
Easy access to exceptional field sites in the Finger Lakes and beyond
Summer field geology at our own Brauer Field Station
Large, engaged alumni network in a wide range of positions
College is more than a classroom. Enhance your experience with extracurricular opportunities:
- Work with a faculty member on research with opportunities to present your work regionally, nationally or even internationally
- Become a lab teaching assistant or peer mentor to help other students and gain a deeper understanding of your courses
- Volunteer for community service with local environmental and school groups