A comprehensive curriculum, distinctive learning opportunities and an accomplished dedicated faculty are among the many reasons for studying business economics or economics at SUNY Cortland.
Our business economics program offers course work typical of a traditional business administration major, but with a much stronger foundation in economic theory and applied economics. You’ll be able to explore international trade and finance, economic development, money and banking, or environmental economics, plus interesting and timely topics related to government spending, globalization and the importance of politics and our economy.
Your classroom learning will be integrated with internships and other real-world experiences. You’ll also have opportunities to do research with faculty, such as examining the economic impact of the New York Jets summer training camp on Cortland County.
A Cortland economics degree offers ideal preparation for graduate or law school, or for a successful career in business, management, investing or public policy.
SUNY Cortland has a significant impact on the local economy. The Economics Department compiled the following reports.
- Economic Impact Study 2012 (PDF)
- Economic Impact Study 2008 (PDF)
- New York Jets Summer Training Camp Economic Impact 2013 (PDF)
- New York Jets Summer Training Camp Economic Impact 2012 (PDF)
- New York Jets Summer Training Camp Economic Impact 2010 (PDF)
- New York Jets Summer Training Camp Economic Impact 2009 (PDF)
- Media Executive Visiting SUNY Cortland for Residency September 09, 2014
- C-Club Induction Highlights Busy Sports Weekend September 09, 2014
- Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand to Host Forum at College September 02, 2014
- Bias on Campus Roundtable Planned September 01, 2014
- New Show Inaugurates Renovated Dowd Gallery September 01, 2014
- College to Go Red for Colors Day August 27, 2014
- College and Firm Partner on New Technologies August 26, 2014
- Speech, Hearing Center Expands Outreach August 26, 2014
- College Offers ‘Wellness’ Series for Campus, Community August 26, 2014
- President’s Opening Talk Underlines Success August 26, 2014
- SUNYAC Honors Student-Athletes for Academics August 26, 2014
- Interim Assistant Directors of Athletics Named August 26, 2014
- Study Abroad Fair Set for Oct. 1 in Corey Union August 19, 2014
- Tai Chi Master Plans Demonstration, Workshop August 19, 2014
- Brother Stays True to Kappa Until the End August 15, 2014
- Business Economics [BUSE]
- Business Economics: Concentration in Environmental Management [BUSE/ENMG]
- Business Economics: Concentration in Financial Management [BUSE/FMGT ]
- Business Economics: Concentration in Human Resource Management [BUSE/HRM]
- Business Economics: Concentration in International Business and Economics [BUSE/IBE]
- Dual Major in Adolescence Education: Social Studies and Economics (7-12) [SST and ECO]
- Economics [ECO]
- Economics Minor [ECO]
- Economics: Concentration in International Political Economy and Public Policy [ECO/IPEP]
- Management Minor [MGT]
- Political Economy and Public Policy Minor [PEPP]