A comprehensive curriculum, distinctive learning opportunities and an accomplished dedicated faculty are among the many reasons for studying business economics or economics at SUNY Cortland.
Our business economics program offers course work typical of a traditional business administration major, but with a much stronger foundation in economic theory and applied economics. You’ll be able to explore international trade and finance, economic development, money and banking, or environmental economics, plus interesting and timely topics related to government spending, globalization and the importance of politics and our economy.
Your classroom learning will be integrated with internships and other real-world experiences. You’ll also have opportunities to do research with faculty, such as examining the economic impact of the New York Jets summer training camp on Cortland County.
A Cortland economics degree offers ideal preparation for graduate or law school, or for a successful career in business, management, investing or public policy.
SUNY Cortland has a significant impact on the local economy. The Economics Department compiled the following reports.
- Economic Impact Study 2012 (PDF)
- Economic Impact Study 2008 (PDF)
- New York Jets Summer Training Camp Economic Impact 2013 (PDF)
- New York Jets Summer Training Camp Economic Impact 2012 (PDF)
- New York Jets Summer Training Camp Economic Impact 2010 (PDF)
- New York Jets Summer Training Camp Economic Impact 2009 (PDF)
- From Undergrad to Owner: Young Grad Starts ABA Team October 17, 2014
- Professor Boosts Barduhn/EMS Award October 17, 2014
- Halloween Coming to Parks Alumni House October 16, 2014
- College SCEMS Club Engages the Community October 09, 2014
- Indian Orphanages to Benefit from College's Award October 09, 2014
- Geology Club Joins River Cleanup October 09, 2014
- College and Community Prepare for Cortaca Jug October 09, 2014
- Anne Hendrixson to Speak Oct. 15 October 08, 2014
- SEFA Appeal 2014-15 Launches Soon October 07, 2014
- Trick or Treating: SUNY Cortland Style October 07, 2014
- Newswanger to Direct Physical Plant October 07, 2014
- Avery Serves as Interim VP for Institutional Advancement October 07, 2014
- Fritz Named Interim Director of the Child Care Center October 07, 2014
- Akshara to Perform Indian Percussive Sound Oct. 12 October 02, 2014
- Open House to Showcase Campus Oct. 13 September 30, 2014
- Business Economics [BUSE]
- Business Economics: Concentration in Environmental Management [BUSE/ENMG]
- Business Economics: Concentration in Financial Management [BUSE/FMGT ]
- Business Economics: Concentration in Human Resource Management [BUSE/HRM]
- Business Economics: Concentration in International Business and Economics [BUSE/IBE]
- Dual Major in Adolescence Education: Social Studies and Economics (7-12) [SST and ECO]
- Economics [ECO]
- Economics Minor [ECO]
- Economics: Concentration in International Political Economy and Public Policy [ECO/IPEP]
- Management Minor [MGT]
- Political Economy and Public Policy Minor [PEPP]