A comprehensive curriculum, distinctive learning opportunities and an accomplished dedicated faculty are among the many reasons for studying business economics or economics at SUNY Cortland.
Our business economics program offers course work typical of a traditional business administration major, but with a much stronger foundation in economic theory and applied economics. You’ll be able to explore international trade and finance, economic development, money and banking, or environmental economics, plus interesting and timely topics related to government spending, globalization and the importance of politics and our economy.
Your classroom learning will be integrated with internships and other real-world experiences. You’ll also have opportunities to do research with faculty, such as examining the economic impact of the New York Jets summer training camp on Cortland County.
A Cortland economics degree offers ideal preparation for graduate or law school, or for a successful career in business, management, investing or public policy.
SUNY Cortland has a significant impact on the local economy. The Economics Department compiled the following reports.
- Economic Impact Study 2012 (PDF)
- Economic Impact Study 2008 (PDF)
- New York Jets Summer Training Camp Economic Impact 2013 (PDF)
- New York Jets Summer Training Camp Economic Impact 2012 (PDF)
- New York Jets Summer Training Camp Economic Impact 2010 (PDF)
- New York Jets Summer Training Camp Economic Impact 2009 (PDF)
- Cortland 23rd in Final Directors' Cup Standings June 10, 2014
- Joe Cardarelli Named Men's Ice Hockey Head Coach June 10, 2014
- Commission Releases Cortaca Report June 06, 2014
- Carlos Medina '78 Leads SUNY Diversity Efforts May 22, 2014
- Alumni Association Names Distinguished Alumni May 21, 2014
- Volunteer Recruitment Workshop Planned May 21, 2014
- 5K Run/Walk Benefits Child Care Center May 21, 2014
- EMS Scholarship Named for Marley Barduhn May 21, 2014
- Upper Campus Operates on Partial Power May 21, 2014
- Professor’s Final Gift Continues Legacy May 13, 2014
- Sharon Steadman Earns Rozanne Brooks Award May 13, 2014
- Interim Finance and Management Staff Named May 13, 2014
- Stadium Complex to Host Historic Commencement May 13, 2014
- Fulbright Recipient is Bound for Ukraine May 13, 2014
- Phi Kappa Phi Honors Six Students May 13, 2014
- Business Economics [BUSE]
- Business Economics: Concentration in Environmental Management [BUSE/ENMG]
- Business Economics: Concentration in Financial Management [BUSE/FMGT ]
- Business Economics: Concentration in Human Resource Management [BUSE/HRM]
- Business Economics: Concentration in International Business and Economics [BUSE/IBE]
- Dual Major in Adolescence Education: Social Studies and Economics (7-12) [SST and ECO]
- Economics [ECO]
- Economics Minor [ECO]
- Economics: Concentration in International Political Economy and Public Policy [ECO/IPEP]
- Management Minor [MGT]
- Political Economy and Public Policy Minor [PEPP]