Biological Sciences Department
Adolescence Education: Biology (7-12)
If you’re looking for a nationally accredited, rigorous program in the sciences that sets high performance standards for students, consider SUNY Cortland, known for its high-caliber teacher education. Our graduates credit their experiences in biology courses and their professional preparation as outstanding for a career in teaching adolescents.
A degree in adolescence education: biology will make you highly competitive in the job market as a biology teacher or for acceptance into quality graduate programs around the country. Options include graduate degrees in biology, education, administration or related fields.
Prepare for immediate job placement in public and private schools across the state and throughout the country by completing one of these student teaching experiences:
- Central New York with support from faculty and student teaching supervisors
- New York City through the SUNY Urban Teacher Education Center
- Newly renovated state-of-the-art classrooms and labs
- Elective courses ranging from molecular genetics to marine biology
- Faculty with expertise representing the breadth of biological sciences
- Interact with faculty on independent research projects
- Participate in Biology Club events and explore science beyond the classroom
- Field experiences in the Adirondacks, Belize or Costa Rica
College is more than a classroom. Enhance your experience with extracurricular opportunities.
Beta Beta Beta National Biological Honor Society