When you major in one of our recreation programs, you follow in the footsteps of a long line of leaders in the field.
Our faculty are highly respected teachers and scholars who will give you the personal attention you need to succeed. You’ll have the opportunity to do internships and fieldwork in parks, hospitals, recreation departments and other settings in the U.S. and abroad.
Our definition of “classroom” is extremely broad — you can get academic credit for kayaking, backpacking, rock climbing and other outdoor adventures.
Cortland has the longest-running and most comprehensive recreation program in New York and is one of only three U.S. colleges with national accreditation in all four of its recreation majors.
Our alumni network of accomplished professionals, combined with your Cortland degree, will put you on the path to a rewarding career.
Community Bike Project
Visit the Community Bike Project site to learn more about the SUNY Cortland Community Bike Project.
During an internship at Cortland Regional Medical Center, Katy helped patients with rehabilitation activities that ranged from horticulture projects to a therapeutic drum circle. “That was super cool,” she says.Read More About Katy Rendinaro
The 63rd Annual Cortland Recreation Conference
November 7 & 8, 2013
There are no news items available. Please check for further updates.
- Outdoor Recreation [OREC]
- Outdoor Recreation: Concentration in Camp Management [OREC_CAMP]
- Outdoor Recreation: Concentration in Environmental and Cultural Interpretation [OREC_ENV]
- Outdoor Recreation: Concentration in Natural Resources Recreation Management [OREC_NRRM]
- Outdoor Recreation: Concentration in Outdoor Leadership [OREC_LEAD]
- Recreation [REC]
- Recreation Management [RMGT]
- Recreation: Concentration in Leisure/Recreation Program Delivery [REC/LRPD]
- Therapeutic Recreation [TR]
Rho Phi Lambda Honor Society, An Honorary Fraternity for Recreation, Parks, and Leisure Services
SCRA is Cortland's recreation major's club.Read More About Recreation, Parks and Leisure Studies Department Clubs