Whether you are interested in a career in international commerce, becoming a marketing and business geographics consultant or teaching geography to high school students, the Geography Department at SUNY Cortland can help you reach your goals.
The bachelor of arts program, with its foreign language requirement, prepares you for graduate school, international studies, international commerce and tourism development-related activities.
The bachelor of science program places a strong emphasis upon computer literacy and spatial analysis skills. The state-of-the-art Geographic Information Systems (GIS) computer lab will help you prepare for a career in business demographics and marketing analysis, environmental analysis or global trend analysis.
A dual major program will allow you to major in geography and qualify for certification to teach adolescence education in social studies (grades 7-12).
Geographic Information Systems
Students who major in Geography may choose a program leading to the award of a Bachelor of Arts degree in Geography or a Bachelor of Science degree in GIS. The Bachelor of Arts program in Geography includes a 13-hour foreign language requirement. The Bachelor of Science program in GIS incorporates a 13-hour sequence in computer techniques, environmental science, or demographics and business geographics in lieu of the foreign language requirement for the Bachelor of Arts.
- New York Actor to Discuss Gay Culture April 23, 2015
- Rapper Big Sean Headlines Spring Fling April 23, 2015
- Lights, Cameras, 2015 Senior Send-off! April 21, 2015
- Students to Pledge Against Sex Assault April 21, 2015
- Town-gown Project to Cut Ribbon on ‘Cemetrail’ April 21, 2015
- Phi Kappa Phi Names 2015 Academic Standouts April 21, 2015
- Local Arts Council to House Spring Edition of Speak April 21, 2015
- Students Step Up as ‘Big Event’ Nears April 21, 2015
- Outdoor Art Display Questions Capitalism April 21, 2015
- Cortland Football to Host Bone Marrow Testing Drive May 2 April 21, 2015
- WSUC to Host Concert April 17, 2015
- Grad Shares TV Spotlight with Student April 16, 2015
- Honorary Degrees Recognize Two Former Campus Scholars April 15, 2015
- ‘New Social Darwinism’ is Topic April 23 April 14, 2015
- Honors Convocation Set for April 18 April 07, 2015
- Dual Major in Adolescence Education: Social Studies and Geography (7-12) [SST and GRY]
- Geographic Information Systems [GIS]
- Geographic Information Systems Minor [GIS]
- Geography [GRY]
- Geography Minor [GRY]
- Geography: Concentration in Tourism Development [GRY/TOUR]
- Geography: Minor with an Emphasis in Tourism Development [TOUR]