Applicants should submit the required application materials listed below. Contact the Graduate Admissions Office with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 607-753-4800.
- Completed online Graduate School Application
- Official transcripts from all institutions of higher learning attended to be forwarded directly to the SUNY Cortland Graduate Admissions Office
Note: Candidates for admission must present evidence of a bachelor’s degree conferral prior to the start of their academic program.
- Documentation of teaching certification from an accredited program
- Two recommendation checklists (submitted online with the application)
- A statement demonstrating commitment to and interest in literacy education as well as an ability to write clearly and well (submitted online with application)
- New York state requires all SUNY teacher preparation programs to adopt college entrance assessments for admissions consideration. Applicants are required to submit scores for one of the following:
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) with a minimum score of 280;
- Miller Analogies Test (MAT) with a minimum score of 400;
- edTPA with a passing score as set by New York state; or
- the Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators with a minimum score of 450.