Institutional Equity and Inclusion Office
The mission of the Institutional Equity and Inclusion Office is to provide campus-wide leadership and support on matters relating to diversity, equity, and inclusion for all members of the SUNY Cortland Community.
The IEI office supports the University's efforts to ensure that students, faculty, and staff learn and work in environments that actively promote a culture of inclusive excellence.
- Ensure an institutional focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Eliminate the systemic and historical barriers of discrimination in order to provide equal opportunity and education for all
- Foster a welcoming, engaging, and inclusive environment through the recruitment and retention of underrepresented and minoritized students, faculty, and staff that reflects the diversity of New York, the nation, and the world
- Address and respond to the goals of the SUNY System Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion policy (2015) and the 25-point DEI Action Plan (2021) as well as develop, implement, and monitor the University's Strategic Diversity and Inclusion Plan
- Provide data that informs college decision-making on equity, and inclusion efforts
- Establish educational programs and initiatives on inclusive pedagogy, cultural competency, and equity-mindedness
- Celebrate and affirm the strengths of our vibrant, and diverse community.
State of Minnesota vs Derek Chauvin Trial (April 2021)
Racial Trauma Toolkit
In this era of having witnessed multiple police killings of African American boys, men, girls, and women either directly or vicariously through media accounts, communities of Color may experience post-trauma symptoms. The Institute for the Study and Promotion of Race and Culture (ISPRC) has released a toolkit for managing symptoms. #racialtraumaisreal
Future professional development topics
We are interested in hosting future professional development opportunities. Please fill out this form to let us know where your needs are and what you are interested in learning about.
Anti-racism resources 21-Day Anti-Racism Challenge Beloved Community Narratives Project
SUNY Cortland Inclusion Survey 2019