Degree Works Exceptions
Advisors are able to request exceptions to the standard degree audit by submitting a Degree Audit Exception form to the department chair and associate dean. This process is used when the advisor, department chair and associate dean determine that it is acceptable to deviate from a major, minor, degree or program requirement.
- Generally, exceptions are "course substitutions" where one or several courses are substituted for another when the advisor, department chair and associate dean find that the learning outcomes, subject matter, and materials may correspond or have significant overlap.
- Exceptions are only granted when there has been consultation within the school, and they should granted in a manner that maintains the academic integrity of a program. For this reason, exceptions require approval at the department and school level.
- Exceptions are granted for individual students, and will not alter the program or the official catalog requirements when requested. To change a program requirement for all students, academic departments may request a curricular change.
- Degree Audit exceptions and adjustments are only accepted via the official Degree Audit Exception Request.
- Download the Degree Audit Exception Request (PDF)