Summer 2018 Information
When can I apply?
Beginning April 12 at 8 a.m.
- Log into myRedDragon
- Go to the student tab
- Select "Housing Process and Information" under the Residence Life and Housing section
- Go to Applications
- Select "Summer Housing Application"
When is the deadline to apply?
- May 7 at 12 p.m.: Summer session one students, SUNY Cortland student summer employee and URC fellow
- June 15 at 12 p.m.: Summer session two students
- Roommate request deadlines are listed below
Where will I live?
Who can live on campus for the summer?
If you are taking summer session classes on campus, a SUNY Cortland student employee or a URC fellow you are eligible to reside on campus for the summer.
Graduate students: please contact our office to inquire about summer housing at West Campus Apartments.
When can I move in?
- Summer school student (session one): May 15, 1 - 3 p.m.
- URC Fellow: May 15, 1 - 3 p.m.; or by appointment
- Summer student employee: May 15 from 12 – 3 p.m.
- Summer school student (session two): June 24 from 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.
When do I have to move out?
Summer session one only- June 20, 1 - 2 p.m.
Summer session two, URC and student employees- July 31, 1 - 2 p.m.
What room type is available?
- Summer session student: singles and doubles
- URC fellow and summer student employee: doubles only (roommates assigned)
What is the cost?
- Summer student employee: $864; this rate is for the entire summer and is not discounted or changed based upon your length of stay
- URC fellow: no charge
- Summer school: $612 per session for a single room; $432 per session for a double room
How do I pay for summer housing?
All housing charges are billed directly to and paid through student accounts.
Can I request a roommate?
Yes! After you and the person you want to live with has completed your summer housing application, you can add search for them in roommates/suitemates. You must request your roommate by May 9 to be housed together, otherwise you will be assigned a roommate.
- Summer session one students: request your roommate by 4 p.m. on May 7.
- Summer session two students: request your roommate by 4 p.m. on June 15.
What if I require a housing accommodation for a medical reason?
Contact Student Health Service or Student Disabilities Services to make arrangements for housing.
Is there any storage for my belongings?
We do not offer storage of any items.