With over 70 pieces of equipment and 3,400 square feet, the cardio training area serves as an entrance to the suspended 1/5th mile track which circles the entire Student Life Center. This area is equipped with a wide variety of treadmills, elliptical fitness cross-trainers (which have personal viewing screens with TV and Internet), Expresso Virtual bicycles, stepmills, Concept II Rowers, Jacobs Ladders, an upper body arm cycle, and much more.
- Participants must be 17 years of age to use the Cardio Area.
- The Cardio Area is operated on an open recreation concept. Therefore, team/group workouts are not allowed. Individuals or groups may not dominate any area of the facility or piece of equipment. Participants are also expected to move from machine to machine at a reasonable rate.
- Machines should be cleaned after each use. Do not spray disinfectant directly on to console and/or electronic components.
- In order to maintain a safe and sanitary environment, it is recommended that everyone have a towel in their possession at all times.
- Appropriate fitness attire must be worn at all times. This includes athletic sneakers (no open footwear or boots). No jeans or cutoff jeans.
- When using chalk:
- Please “chalk up” your hands inside the chamber.
- “Clap” your hands together inside chamber.
- Remove hands from chamber.
- Avoid clapping hands together outside of chamber.
- Locker rooms must be used to change clothing.
- Participants must follow all posted instructions for proper equipment use, according to the manufacturer's intended purpose. If you are unsure of how to use equipment, ask a Recreational Sports staff member.
- Participants must return all equipment to its proper place after use and report malfunctioning or broken equipment to the staff.