The college enables faculty, staff, students, and guests to bring personal mobile devices to campus and provides the ability to access the internet and other web based services.
The SUNY Cortland network supports the ability to Bring Your Own Device (BYOD). For Internet access, you can easily self-register (only necessary one time) a personal mobile phone, laptop, tablet etc. To register:
1. Connect to Cortland-Wifi using your Cortland NetID and password.
2. Open your web browser. If your browser does not redirect to registration page, navigate to www.cortland.edu.
3. Follow the instructions to complete your BYOD registration.
Campus-Owned laptops will connect to Cortland-Wifi automatically and are already registered. If you encounter the BYOD registration page on a campus-owned laptop, contact The Help Center (607) 753-2500.
Guests visiting campus can connect personal devices to Cortland-Guest for Internet access but they must create a temporary account to login. To connect to the guest network:
1. Connect to Cortland-Guest.
2. Open your web browser.
3. Supply your temporary guest username and password or follow the instructions to create a temporary guest account. You will be directed to retrieve a password via a phone or other device. If you do not have a device to retrieve your password visit The Help Center in Memorial Library or call (607) 753-2500. Guest accounts are valid for 7 days.
If you are a guest who requires more than just Internet access on your personal device, such as the ability to login to campus classroom computers, lab computers, or MyRedDragon, go to The Help Center in Memorial Library for a temporary account.
Faculty and Staff registered BYOD can access the Internet and most public facing services on campus such as MyRedDragon or Blackboard. In order to access protected services such as your U drive or the Print Server, you will need to connect to the college VPN (even on campus) . Your BYOD must pass additional security checks (such as having an up to date anti-virus) each time you connect it to the network. If your BYOD does not pass these checks, you will only have normal BYOD access until you correct the security problems.
Minimum requirements for elevated access:
All non-campus owned systems accessing the network using VPN must pass additional security checks. If your computer does not pass these checks, you will not be able to connect it to the Cortland network using VPN until you correct the security problems.