SUNY Cortland boasts a lot of resources to support your teaching. Below is a guide to some of the most frequently used, which will help you keep your teaching moving forward with new approaches, effective strategies, and resources. If you have a question and can't find the answer here, please email email@example.com We're here to help!
Diversity & Equity
- Use the Library tab in My Red Dragon to access the catalog.
- Library Resources during COVID-19.
- Libguides: The librarians have constructed guides on many subjects, including your discipline.
- Persistent Links are URLs that can link to full-text holdings in the Library. They are great way to assign materials to your students.
- Other Library Resources
- The Help Center: The Help Center (firstname.lastname@example.org) will guide you to the appropriate Information Resources unit that can help you with a technology question. Phone 607-753-2500. You can also find many resources at the Tech Help page.
- Design Help: Design Help is a team of instructional designers who can help you with Blackboard, Respondus, PollEverywhere, WebEx, and a number of other technologies you might use for teaching. Email email@example.com
- Technology Training: The Technology Training Coordinator trains faculty on Office365 (including Teams), WebEx, and video creation and editing. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 607-753-2740.
- Technology Workshops: Upcoming workshops by Design Help and Technology training are found here. They are also listed in the ICT's Teaching Events page.
- Technology Documentation: Look here for training on WebEx, Teams, Office365, Blackboard Quizzes, and Accessibility. More on WebEx can be found in the Knowledge Base. To use WebEx, you will need to request a license.
- Technology for Teaching: A brief glossary of the technological resources available to you as an instructor at SUNY Cortland.
- Recommended Software: SUNY Cortland's librarians reviewed a number of software packages this summer and have shared their recommendations on which of those to use this fall. As always, please note that support is not available for tools not licensed by SUNY Cortland.
- Discounted Software
- The Learning Center: The Learning Center provides peer and professional tutoring to students, and also shares a list of learning resources that you might want to share with your students.
- Audio & Video: The ICT lists links to podcasts and videos that can provide discussion and instruction on teaching.
- Workshop Resources: Videos of ICT webinars are available on Workshop Resources.
- Teaching Events: The Institute for College Teaching maintains a list of teaching events on campus as well as free regional and national events. A Weekly Update lists the events for the coming week, and some important dates to save.