SUNY Cortland Garden Advisory Committee Responsibilities
- Create and help maintain gardens and edible landscaping in consultation with Facilities Management.
- Integrate garden and edible landscaping planning into the College’s Sustainability, Climate Action, and Facilities Master Plans in consultation with Facilities Management.
- Coordinate educational programs around the topics of gardens and edible landscaping.
- Facilitate educational use of college gardens in classroom activities, service learning, and interactions with the community.
- Organize faculty, staff, students, and community members to assist with gardening.
- Coordinate the College's Bee Campus USA activities.
Intern For Us
The Committee will attempt to fund and hire a paid intern each growing season to help with the Model Gardens. Responsibilities will include:
- Publicize the Garden
- Hold educational programs
- Coordinate volunteers
- Maintain the Garden
Jeremy Zhe-Heimerman, Committee Chair: Coordinator of Assistive Technology and Test Administrative Services
Zachary Allen: Student, Outdoor Recreation Major
Sarah Beshers: Associate Professor, Health
Daniel Dryja: Head Grounds Supervisor
Andrea Hart: Nutritionist, Auxiliary Services Corporation
David Horrocks: Assistant Director, Building and Ground Services
Michael Hough: Lecturer, Biological Sciences
Beth Klein: Professor, Childhood/Early Childhood Education and Campus Sustainability Coordinator
Jennifer Kronenbitter: Associate Director, Library