Due to precautions taken during the COVID-19 pandemic, individuals without a Cortland ID number — essentially anyone who is not a SUNY Cortland student or employee — currently are not allowed on campus, except under very limited circumstances. Exceptions include essential contractors, vendors and registrants for Admissions Office tours.*
Please also note the following:
- Neither employees nor students are allowed to host a guest.
- No outside speakers, alumni, or guests of on-campus residents (including parents of the residents) will be allowed in campus buildings.
- There will be no on-campus performances, public events, or public access to facilities such as the Dowd Gallery or the planetarium.
- Due to limited capacity, no visitors will be allowed in the Student Life Center, Park Center, Stadium Complex or other athletic or outdoor venues.
- Members of the surrounding community will continue to have access to city roads and walkways through campus but are not allowed inside campus buildings or facilities.
- The Admissions Office will oversee the visits of prospective students, families or other enrollment-related visitors. Admissions Office visitors must register in advance. Learn more about campus visits.
- Only contractors and vendors providing services or functions essential to university operations will be allowed on campus. They should work with an employee of the office responsible for that service or function (such as Facilities Management or Cortland Auxiliary) to make sure they follow all applicable protocols for entering campus, including a screening for COVID-19 risk factors similar to the daily screen done by students and employees.
- Visitors who meet the limited circumstances noted above must complete the Visitor Registration and Screening Form.
* Limited circumstances where other visitors not listed above are permitted on campus grounds include:
- Individuals registered with the Cortland County Health Department to attend specific COVID-19 vaccination clinics at Park Center Alumni Arena and designated adjacent parking lots.
- Non-campus employee drop-off and pickup of children from the SUNY Cortland Child Care Center.