Self-Worth, Self-Value, Self-Care
Saturday, March 6, 2021 Via Webex
12:30 to 4:45 p.m.
Registration is Free.
The summit will provide dynamic workshops and sessions, speakers, and promote completion and goal attainment for male students of color and traditional students. The summit is open to all members of the SUNY Cortland Community as well as colleges and universities within the NY Upstate Region.
- 12:30 p.m. –Welcome and Hype Session
- 1–2 p.m. – Keynote Speaker Brian Heat
- 2:10- 3:10 p.m. – Breakout Session #1 Juan Miolan (Founder, President, Coach | Thrive212, Inc.)
- 3:20- 4:20 p.m. – Breakout Session #2 Panel
- 4:25- 4:45 p.m.– Closing Brian Heat
Keynote Speaker: Brian Heat
Speaker Juan Miolan ’09, Founder, President, Coach | Thrive212, Inc.
- Mark Sanders, Assistant Director of Enrollment Management and Student Success (SUNY System)
- Bryce Wooden, Educational Opportunity Program Counselor (SUNY Oneonta)
- Brandon Manning, Student Rights and Responsibilities Coordinator (SUNY Broome and former SUNY Cortland Student Affairs Professional)
- Eric Banks '13, M '16 , (SUNY Cortland Alum)
- Timothy Thompson '17, Tompkins Cortland Community College
- Facilitator: Jarvis Marlow-McCowin, Multicultural Student Leadership and Empowerment Program (Cornell University)
Sponsored by Institutional Equity and Inclusion Office (IEIO), Men of Value and Excellence (MOVE), Multicultural Life and Diversity Office (MLDO) and Cornell University Multicultural Student Leadership & Empowerment Program