Communication And Scheduling
- Contact host teacher as soon as placement is received to set up your schedule (even if you are not beginning immediately). When contacting host teacher: 1) use school website; 2) find host teacher's email; 3) put your contact information in your email; 4) call school only if no response from email.
- If unable to participate on your scheduled day - Contact the school/host teacher
- If circumstances dictate a late arrival - Contact the school/host teacher
- Plan your semester schedule and begin your placement as soon as possible - the unexpected will occur
Project A Professional Demeanor At All Times
- Discuss important and sensitive issues with appropriate individuals at appropriate times and in appropriate places
- Your course instructor is your key point person
- You are a role model for your students in your actions, language and appearance
This Is "Your" Experience
- Avoid focusing your interactions on peers and focus on the students in your classroom and your personal growth
- Respond positively to opportunities offered by your host teacher
- Be clear on the field experience requirements and share them with your host teacher on the onset of the placement
Host teachers graciously volunteer to mentor teacher candidates - A hand written "thank you" note as a gesture of appreciation goes a long way.
THIS IS AN INVESTMENT IN YOUR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE IT THE BEST IT CAN BE!