SUNY Cortland now offers van training sessions online!
In an effort to provide the campus community with improved access to our van training course, we now offer an online version. The online course offers the participant the ability to complete the course at a time that is convenient for them.
Van training is required for any student, faculty or staff member that will be operating a 12 passenger College/State van. In addition, students that will be operating any College mini-van will also be required to complete this course. To register for the online van training course please follow the directions listed below:
- Must possess a valid US driver's license recognized by New York State
- Must possess such a license for at least two years
- May not have had more than one moving violation within the past three years
- May not have been convicted of either DWI or DUI within the past five years
- Students must complete the Student Driver Application form and submit it to the University Police Department as soon as possible
What you will learn:
- Van Characteristics
- Pre-trip inspection
- Safety belts
- Cushion of safety
- Blind spots