New Student Documentation Requirements
The following forms are required to be submitted by all new students to the Student Health Service:
Medical History Report. This includes a brief overview of your health history, a required immunization record section, and an optional physical exam section. The health history and immunization parts (Page 1 and PARTS A and C) of the form are REQUIRED for ALL students. A physical exam is only required if you will be participating in intercollegiate athletics or if you are an international student.
In order to expedite our receipt of your required immunization records, you may submit the completed immunization sections separately, or you may submit a separate official immunization record from your health care provider or a current or previous school. Records from health care providers or schools must be on official immunization record forms or letterhead. Photocopies of official records are acceptable. These records must be submitted directly to the Student Health Service. Please see below for more information on immunization requirements.
- Tuberculosis Screening Form. This form is REQUIRED for ALL new students. Please follow the instructions on the form carefully. Most students WILL NOT NEED any tuberculosis testing performed, but everyone must still complete the form.
- Under 18 Consent Form. This form is only required for students that will be under 18 at the time they arrive on campus.
We prefer that you print and complete the above forms and mail them to us through regular U.S. Mail. Faxed and electronic copies often are not legible. Please also note that there may be a delay in processing your form from the time that we receive it to the time that any notices on Banner or MyRedDragon may reflect that your form is in compliance. Please allow up to two weeks for this to occur.
- New York State Public Health Law 2165 requires college students born on or after January 1, 1957 be immunized against measles, mumps and rubella, or show proof of illness or immunity. Proof of immunity is:
- Measles- TWO doses of live measles vaccine given after 12 months of age, or physician documentation of measles disease or a blood test showing immunity.
- Mumps- one dose of live mumps vaccine given after 12 months of age, or physician documentation of mumps disease or a blood test showing immunity.
- Rubella- one dose of live rubella vaccine given after 12 month of age, or a blood test showing immunity.
- New York State Public Health Law 2167 requires that all students be given information about meningococcal disease and vaccination. Students must provide a either a vaccination date or a signed statement declining the vaccination (the Meningitis Waiver.) This waiver can be signed on the Medical History Report Form which can be downloaded by clicking on the Medical History Report Form link above Alternatively you can sign the Meningitis Waiver online through your myRedDragon account. Click here for instructions.
- The required information can be submitted to Student Health Service by having your health care provider complete and sign the Immunization Record part of the Medical History Report form or by submitting an official record of your immunizations from your health care provider or previous school. Records from health care providers or schools must be on official immunization record forms or letterhead. Photocopies of official records are acceptable. These records must be submitted directly to the Student Health Service (records sent to the Admissions office at the College cannot be accepted by Student Health Service).
PLEASE NOTE: Failure to provide the Student Health Service with all of the required immunization records and completed forms in a timely manner may delay registration or result in administrative penalties including having a hold placed on your account.
For students entering in the Fall semester your immunization documentation should be completed and submitted to Student Health Service by July 1st, or as soon as possible after that for late admissions, and for students entering in the Spring semester, documentation should be submitted by December 1st or as soon as possible thereafter for late admissions.