Support Services for Students with Visual Impairments
Students with visual impairments vary greatly in terms of visual acuity and concerns. Whatever the degree of visual difficulty, services are provided to reasonably ensure a student's participation in classroom activities, discussions and group work.
Early planning may be necessary in some cases to have services and resources made available on a timely basis.
Specific services facilitated through our office may include:
- early registration
- assistance obtaining accessible e-text for textbooks and course readings
- notetaking assistance
- reserved front seating for students with low vision
- permission to record class lectures
- accessible exams or course materials
- use of other relevant assistive aids
We can also assist in consulting with other relevant College departments regarding residence halls, living needs, or access to dining facilities.