Supportive Services for Students with Disabilities
General Support Services
Our goal is to assist all students with disabilities in the pursuit of their educational objectives; although concerns of a personal/medical nature are the primary responsibility of the student. We assist in coordinating campus and local community resources when requested. The purpose of these services is not to create a competitive advantage for students with disabilities but to eliminate any competitive disadvantages that may exist. Services are coordinated to enable students to act as independently as possible in a supportive environment that promotes self-reliance.
General Support Services may include but are not limited to:
- Individual, personal and educational counseling
- Liaison with local, state and federal support agencies
- Pre-admission counseling
- Classroom accommodations
- Loan of selected equipment
- Priority clearance of pathways during winter months
- Emergency evacuation planning
- Coordination of New York State Reader's Aid Funds
- Academic Support and Achievement Program
Plan Ahead. Make Sure You...
Contact us if you will be needing accommodations. Be sure you forward or bring a copy of your full evaluation which documents your disability. This should include all tests administered and the results and recommendations from a qualified professional. Plan as early as possible. Many of these support services require lead time.
You may also want to view Assistive Technology offerings for students with disabilities.