West Campus Apartments
West Campus Apartments is a community of 240 SUNY Cortland students in a 15-building complex located one mile from campus. Each building houses four separate apartments which have four single bedrooms, at least one full bathroom (accessible apartments have one large bathroom), full kitchen, and living/dining room. The apartments come fully furnished.
The complex also contains a recreation center with laundry facilities, vending machines, mailroom, lounge, student staff office and the residence hall director's office.
West Campus Apartments provides the independence of apartment living along with the available support from the Cortland campus in the form of student staff, an RHD, maintenance staff, University Police, and other campus resources. West Campus Apartments residents pay a higher room charge than campus students, but are not billed for a meal plan. Students have the flexibility of choosing a meal plan or doing their own cooking.
West Campus Apartments Highlights:
- 1,135 square feet of fully furnished living space in each apartment.
- Open over all College breaks.
- The living/dining area has a couch, two chairs, coffee table, end table, floor lamp, and dining table with four chairs.
- The kitchen comes equipped with a stove/oven, dishwasher, full sized refrigerator and microwave.
- The living room has cable access, including premium channels like HBO.
- Each single bedroom has a standard twin sized bed, dresser, desk with chair and a closet. Each bedroom has cable TV and internet access.
- The lounge is in the recreation center and is equipped with a pool table, ping pong table, electric dart board, three TVs, and two computers that are networked to a photocopier in the vending room which accepts the college ID as a form of payment.
- The laundry room is equipped with Laundry View; this allows you to check from the convenience of your apartment if there are machines available.
- The apartment complex is on the campus bus route so you may easily get to campus.
- Parking is right outside your building.
- On-site maintenance.
- All utilities, internet, cable, laundry, and trash removal included in cost.
- Safe and secure facilities- all buildings are equipped with card access and University Police patrols the complex regularly.
Special Interest Housing at West Campus Apartments:
- Over 21 Building
- Students who choose to live in the over 21 building must be 21 by September 1 (January 1 for the spring semester)
- Co-ed housing
- Four apartments are available (a total of 16 bedrooms)
- All bedrooms are single occupancy
- Bedrooms are not designated as male/female
- Shared spaces include the kitchen, living room, dining room, and bathroom (the bathrooms are private and lockable)
- You can request to live there as a new student or sign up as a returning student during the room selection process
- Transfer building
- Transfer students: you can choose to live in this building to be among others going through the same transition to SUNY Cortland as you
- Select this housing option on your housing preference form to indicate your interest
- Freshman housing
- There are freshmen spaces available
- As a freshmen, you are assigned in a building that houses other freshmen students only
- You will live in a building where a resident assistant resides also
West Campus Apartments Staffing Pattern:
Residence Hall Director
The West Campus Apartments is managed by a residence hall director (RHD) who is a professional staff member who works and lives within the complex.
RHD Office Phone: (607) 753-4164
Student Staff Office Phone: (607) 753-2630
RA on Duty: (607) 745-8793 (cell)
Resident Assistants (RA)
There are four resident assistants available to assist all West Campus Apartments residents.
Administrative Assistant (AA)
This student staff member is responsible for distributing your mail, maintaining the staff office, and assisting the RHD with tasks.
West Campus Apartments Bedroom Dimensions:
Please be aware that these dimensions are approximate and may vary from room to room.
8.7' x 12.6' floor
4.4' x 2.9' window
5.3' x 7.5' x 2' closet