NRHH Applications available:
Applications are due on Friday, April 19 at 4:30 p.m. Induction will be held on Sunday, May 5 at 1 p.m.
What is NRHH all about?
National Residence Hall Honorary (NRHH) is a student-run organization dedicated to recognizing outstanding student leadership on campus. Membership is restricted to the top one-percent of students living on campus. In addition to leadership, we also recognize students based on academic, recognition, scholastic, and service potentials.
Members of NRHH are expected to lead by example, act as role models to the campus community, make contributions to the organization, campus, and Cortland community. The are also expected to be internally motivated and driven to succeed. Through membership in NRHH, students are encouraged to enhance their leadership potential in new and exciting ways while encouraging others to do the same.
Dates for recruitment
- Fri., Apr. 19 at 4:30 p.m.: applications CLOSE
- Tues., Apr 30: applicants will be notified of their status
- Sun., May 5 at 1 p.m.: induction ceremony
Fall 2012 events and programs
- Dragon Hunt- "Raising Money to Build a Better Future" on Nov. 4
- A propane leak leveled the two-story home of the Johnson Family in Wilson, NY, killing their fourteen year old daughter, and injuring four others. Their older daughter, Katie, recently graduated high school and had hopes of going to college, but now she is struggling to go through rehab and regain the strength she once had. The family needs money and donations in order to buy a new home and replenish their clothes and the belongings that were destroyed in the explosion.
- Register today
Events we host
- Cortaca BINGO
- Family Feud
- Hot-mess Express
- RAK-Attacks (Random acts of kindness during midterms and finals)
- Cortland's Loaves and Fishes
- Cortland nursing homes
- Collaborate with YWCA's Bridges for Kids
- Co-sponsor events like Luau Ice Skating Party
Causes we support
- Breast Cancer Walk
- Saint Jude Children's Hospital- made 100 puzzles
- Paper cranes to help the cancer mission
- Cards for soldiers
We recognize and develop leaders
- Develop our leadership skills through events and training
- Recognize many people and their achievements on the SUNY Cortland campus
-RHD Recognition Day
-Appreciation Nights for chapter and Birthday Recognition
-Bus Driver Recognition (new)
-Rec. Sports Recognition (new)
-Double Dare (working with RHA)
-PB&J sandwich making for soup kitchen
-Pay it Forward