Are You Moving Out?
Anyone who does not check-out according to these procedures will be assessed an improper check-out charge of $25. If you are the only person leaving, the room must be left half empty and ready to be occupied (a closet, desk, dresser, and bed must be completely clear).
- Sign up for a damage assessment appointment with your RHD if you would like to have an idea of possible damage charges.
- Sweep and/or vacuum and mop floors.
- Close and lock windows, leave the blinds down and open.
- Unplug all floor lamp(s) and mirror unit(s) and leave plugs showing. Turn off all lights.
- Remove all pictures, signs, decorations, scotch tape, neon stars, etc. from ceiling, walls, doors, closets, windows, and furniture (including any sticky residue).
- Empty and wash recycling containers and take all non-recyclables and trash to the dumpsters. All recyclables should be disposed of in the appropriate bin on your floor.
- Return all college dining hall utensils to the dining hall.
- Do not leave any clothing or belongings in the laundry room, bathroom or lounges.
- Microfridges should be emptied, cleaned, defrosted, and left in your room for pickup.
- Clean out desks, dresser drawers, and closets of all items; wrappers, dust,
hangers, etc. Wipe down desks and dresser tops and windowsills. Lock your door behind you when you leave.
- Go to the staff office or meet your RHD for your closing assessment appointment (meet your RHD at their office)
- Return your room key and sign out on your Room Condition Report (RCR). Failure to turn in your room key will result in a $75 charge for a lock change. If you do not check out with a staff member at the staff office you will be charged for an improper check out ($25).
- Mail Forwarding: Fill out a forwarding address card. We only forward mail if you fill out the forwarding address card. You should change any magazine address labels immediately in order to avoid mail delivery delay.
- Closing Assessment Bills: You can check myRedDragon on Jun. 8 to see if you have closing assessment charges. You will also find instructions regarding the online a appeals process on myRedDragon. Closing assessment charges must be paid even if you are appealing. The appeals deadline is Jun. 22. Check myRedDragon even if you don't think you have any closing assessment charges.
Rooms where closing assessment appointments have not been scheduled with the RHD will be checked for proper closing procedures after the room has been vacated.