End of Semester Closing
Residence halls close
5 p.m. on Wed., May. 15
Exceptions can be made for students with Friday final exams, athletes with a scheduled practice, or students with transportation problems. Notify your RHD via e-mail no later than Mon., May 13 at noon. All students that are granted permission must vacate their room and the residence hall by 9 a.m. on Thurs., May 16.
There are changes to the alcohol, guest, and quiet hours policies during finals.
You must follow the closing checklist taped to your room door.
- Sweep and/or vacuum and mop floors.
- Close and lock windows, leave the blinds down and open.
- Unplug all floor lamp(s) and mirror unit(s) and leave plugs showing. Turn off all lights.
- Remove all pictures, signs, decorations, scotch tape, neon stars, etc. from ceiling, walls, doors, closets, windows, and furniture (including any sticky residue).
- Empty and wash recycling containers and take all non-recyclables and trash to the dumpsters. All recyclables should be disposed of in the appropriate bin on your floor.
- Return all college dining hall utensils to the dining hall.
- Do not leave any clothing or belongings in the laundry room, bathroom or lounges.
- Microfridges should be emptied, cleaned, defrosted, and left in your room for pickup.
- Clean out desks, dresser drawers, and closets of all items; wrappers, dust,
hangers, etc. Wipe down desks and dresser tops and windowsills. Lock your door behind you when you leave.
- Go to the staff office or meet your RHD for your closing assessment appointment (meet your RHD at their office)
- Return your room key and sign out on your Room Condition Report (RCR). Failure to turn in your room key will result in a $75 charge for a lock change. If you do not check out with a staff member at the staff office you will be charged for an improper check out ($25).
- Mail Forwarding: Fill out a forwarding address card. We only forward mail if you fill out the forwarding address card. You should change any magazine address labels immediately in order to avoid mail delivery delay.
- Closing Assessment Bills: You can check myRedDragon on June 17 to see if you have charges. You will also find instructions regarding the online damage appeals process on myRedDragon. Closing assessment charges must be paid even if you are appealing. The appeals deadline is July 1. Check myRedDragon even if you don't think you have any charges.