Summer Housing

Summer 2017 Information

When can I apply?

Beginning April 3 at 8 a.m.

To apply:

  1. Log into myRedDragon
  2. Go to the student tab
  3. Select "Housing Process and Information" under the Residence Life and Housing section
  4. Go to Applications
  5. Select "Summer Housing Application"

When is the deadline to apply?

  • May 5 at 12 p.m.: Summer session one students, SUNY Cortland student summer employee and URC fellow
  • June 16 12 p.m.: Summer session two students
  • Roommate request deadlines are listed below

Where will I live?

Cheney Hall

Who can live on campus for the summer?

If you are taking summer session classes on campus, a SUNY Cortland student employee or a URC fellow you are eligible to reside on campus for the summer.

Graduate students: please contact our office to inquire about summer housing at West Campus Apartments.

When can I move in?

  • Summer school student (session one): May 16 from 3 – 5 p.m.
  • URC Fellow: May 16 from 3 – 5 p.m.; or by appointment
  • Summer student employee: May 16 from 12 – 3 p.m.
  • Summer school student (session two): Sunday, June 25 from 9 – 11 a.m.

When do I have to move out?

Summer session one only- Wednesday, June 21 from 9 – 11 a.m. Otherwise, August 1 from 9 – 11 a.m.

What room type is available?

  • Summer session student: singles and doubles
  • URC fellow and summer student employee: doubles only (roommates assigned) 

What is the cost?

  • Summer student employee: $864; this rate is for the entire summer and is not discounted or changed based upon your length of stay
  • URC fellow: no charge
  • Summer school: $612 per session for a single room; $432 per session for a double room

How do I pay for summer housing?

All housing charges are billed directly to and paid through student accounts.

Can I request a roommate?

Yes! After you and the person you want to live with has completed your summer housing application, you can add search for them in roommates/suitemates. You must request your roommate by May 9 to be housed together, otherwise you will be assigned a roommate.

Summer session two students: request your roommate by 4 p.m. on June 15.

What if I require a housing accommodation for a medical reason?

Contact Student Health Service or Student Disabilities Services to make arrangements for housing.

Is there any storage for my belongings?

We do not offer storage of any items.