Common Application

Registrar Report

Beginning in Fall 2013, the Common Application began requesting Registrar’s Recommendations  (a Transfer Registrar Report) from students applying via the Common Application. Unfortunately, SUNY Cortland does not currently participate in the online recommendation process.

If you are completing the Common Application, you must submit the Common Application's paper Transfer Registrar Report to our office.  

For FERPA compliance, you must provide a signed transcript request, with your Common Application request(s). 

Please note that the transcript is the official record for the College. SUNY Cortland is unable respond to the optional inquires on the request due to College policy and data availability.

For more information:

Delivery to Schools

Students are responsible for delivering Common Application documents to schools.  The transcript fee does not provide for processing services for the Common Application. The Registrar's Office cannot provide processing services to the student for the Common Application.

Disciplinary Records

School policy does not allow for the Registrar's Office to provide disciplinary or criminal certifications/information. The Registrar's Office must respond with "School policy prevents me from responding".

Disciplinary records are maintained by the Student Conduct Office (formerly Judicial Affairs).  Any requests for disciplinary records or certification to be completed by a Dean of Students, Judicial Officer, Judicial Affairs etc... should be referred to the the Student Conduct Office.  

Corey Union, Room 409-B
P.O. Box 2000
Cortland, NY 13045-0900
Phone: 607-753-4725