Spring Alternate Registration
Winter and Spring 2015 Alternate Registration Dates and Availability
NOTE: According to security policies, alternate registration forms received greater than five days prior to the registration start times (November 21 for Winter, and January 21 and 26 for Spring) will be returned to the sender without processing.
- All matriculated (Cortland) student registration for Winter 2015 closes after the winter web registration period ends on November 21 at 4 p.m. Matriculated students may continue to register using the alternate registration process starting on November 24. Registration is accepted up to 4pm on January 5.
- All non-matriculated (visiting/non-Cortland) students may also begin registering via the alternate registration process strting on November 24 using the alternate registration process. Registration is accepted up to 4pm on January 5.
- Non-matriculated (visiting/non-Cortland) graduate students may use alternate registration beginning on Wednesday January 21, and continuing until the end of the drop and add period in Spring 2015.
- Non-matriculated (visiting/non-Cortland) undergraduate students may use alternate registration beginning on Monday January 26, and continuing until the end of the drop and add period.
- Undergraduate matriculated (Cortland) student registration for Spring 2015 closes after the web registration period ends on Dec. 19 at 4 p.m. Undergraduate registration will only be permitted during the Spring 2015 add/drop period.
- Readmitted undergraduate students should contact the Registrar's Office for assistance with registration.
Alternate registration is a process that has been established to allow for registration transactions when myRedDragon web registration is closed, or if a student is not a matriculated Cortland student.
- Find your course using the online course schedule.
Find courses using the searchable online schedule. You will need the CRN (course reference number) and the course subject, number and section to register. Please review all course details and requirements carefully.
- Complete the Alternate Registration.
This is a registration request. Students must meet all applicable criteria for registration. You may need to have holds released, prerequisites verified, or obtain special permission for course registration from the academic department.
Please review the course schedule carefully to determine which requirements you must meet. Be sure to review the information concerning the Code of Conduct and health requirements.
You must obtain all permissions and fulfill all obligations for course entry before submitting this request. If you do not have the required permissions you will not be registered. Due to credit hour requirements and financial aid considerations, your entire registration request must be declined and you will be required to resubmit your request once you have received permission, or you may make a request with only the courses for which you have permission.
- Provide payment information when submitting the request.
Student Accounts receives and processes your payment information. If your payment method is invalid or declined, you must be de-registered, and will required to resubmit your request with valid payment.
The web process available from November to Mid-December permits billing, however to use the alternate registration processes, payment must be provided at the point of registration. Students who do not use or do not have credit cards, may pay by establishing payment arrangements with Student Accounts and/or Financial Aid when on campus.
Payment is required at the time of registration. Forms without a payment method will be returned without processing. Students applying for / receiving financial aid are still required to submit payment information when faxing or mailing the alternate registration form.
Financial Aid: If sufficient aid is in place and finalized, which will cover all tuition and fees, your payment method will not be charged. Please consult the Financial Aid office for information regarding your aid package, and to be certain you have completed all of the needed steps for accepting and finalizing your aid package.
- The Registrar's Office will contact you via email once registration is complete.
We will send you an email confirming your registration, and (if required) we will also include your Cortland ID and system login information. Given that these are faxed or mailed, if you do not receive a confirmation, you should follow up with the office to confirm your form was received and processed.
Requirements & Obligations
According to NYS law and SUNY policy, students must also review and complete the following. Failure to complete requirements can result in administrative holds on your account and/or the removal of courses.
- Code of Student Conduct Review and Affirmation
SUNY policy requires that all SUNY Cortland students review and agree to abide by the Code of Student Conduct and other related policies when they enroll at the College. Visit the Student Conduct Office page for advanced details, and to review the complete Code of Student Conduct. When completing the registration form, you will be asked to affirm the code of conduct.
- Submit Any Required Immunization and Health Forms
Students are required to complete immunization requirements when attending classes on campus. Please visit the Student Health Service site for information concerning immunization and health history requirements.
Note: Email is not a secure medium for transmitting private data and credit card information. You may not email the forms below. Only faxed or mailed forms will be accepted.
Alternate Registration forms must include payment. Incomplete forms will be returned without processing.
- Alternate Registration Form (PDF) Required
- Code of Conduct Response Form (PDF) Required
- Immunization & Medical History Forms (PDF) Required
- Spring Tuition and Fees (For Determining Payment and Cost)