Fall Alternate Registration
Fall 2014 Alternate Registration Dates & Availability
Online registration closed for undergraduate students on May 30. Undergraduate students may only register during the drop and add period beginning on August 25. Undergraduate students who have been readmitted or require registration changes or transactions prior to the drop and add period, must consult their associate dean.
- Non-matriculated (visiting/non-Cortland) graduate students may use alternate registration beginning on August 20, and continuing until the end of the drop and add period.
- Non-matriculated (visiting/non-Cortland) undergraduate students may use alternate registration beginning on August 25, and continuing until the end of the drop and add period.
- Undergraduate matriculated (Cortland) student registration for Fall 2014 closes after the web registration period ends on May 30 at 4pm. Undergraduate registration will only be permitted during the Fall 2014 add/drop period.
- Readmitted undergraduate students should contact the Registrar's Office for assistance with registration.
Alternate registration is a process that has been established to allow for registration transactions when myRedDragon web registration is closed, or if a student is not a matriculated Cortland student.
- Find your course using the online course schedule.
Find courses using the searchable online schedule. You will need the CRN (course reference number) and the course subject, number and section to register. Please review all course details and requirements carefully.
- Complete the Alternate Registration.
This is a registration request. Students must meet all applicable criteria for registration. You may need to have holds released, prerequisites verified, or obtain special permission for course registration from the academic department.
Please review the course schedule carefully to determine which requirements you must meet. Be sure to review the information concerning the Code of Conduct and health requirements.
You must obtain all permissions and fulfill all obligations for course entry before submitting this request. If you do not have the required permissions you will not be registered. Due to credit hour requirements and financial aid considerations, your entire registration request must be declined and you will be required to resubmit your request once you have received permission, or you may make a request with only the courses for which you have permission.
- Provide payment information when submitting the request.
Student Accounts receives and processes your payment information. If your payment method is invalid or declined, you must be de-registered, and will required to resubmit your request with valid payment.
The web process available from November to Mid-December permits billing, however to use the alternate registration processes, payment must be provided at the point of registration. Students who do not use or do not have credit cards, may pay by establishing payment arrangements with Student Accounts and/or Financial Aid when on campus.
Payment is required at the time of registration. Forms without a payment method will be returned without processing. Students applying for / receiving financial aid are still required to submit payment information when faxing or mailing the alternate registration form.
Financial Aid: If sufficient aid is in place and finalized, which will cover all tuition and fees, your payment method will not be charged. Please consult the Financial Aid office for information regarding your aid package, and to be certain you have completed all of the needed steps for accepting and finalizing your aid package.
- The Registrar's Office will contact you via email once registration is complete.
We will send you an email confirming your registration, and (if required) we will also include your Cortland ID and system login information.
Requirements & Obligations
According to NYS law and SUNY policy, students must also review and complete the following. Failure to complete requirements can result in administrative holds on your account and/or the removal of courses.
- Code of Student Conduct Review and Affirmation
SUNY policy requires that all SUNY Cortland students review and agree to abide by the Code of Student Conduct and other related policies when they enroll at the College. Visit the Student Conduct Office page for advanced details, and to review the complete Code of Student Conduct. When completing the registration form, you will be asked to affirm the code of conduct.
- Submit Any Required Immunization and Health Forms
Students are required to complete immunization requirements when attending classes on campus. Please visit the Student Health Service site for information concerning immunization and health history requirements.
Forms & Documents
Note: Email is not a secure medium for transmitting priviate data and credit card information. You may not email the forms below.
Alternate Registration forms must include payment. Incomplete forms will be returned without processing.
- Alternate Registration Form (PDF) Required
- Code of Conduct Response Form (PDF) Required
- Immunization & Medical History Forms (PDF) Required
- Summer Tuition and Fees (For Determing Payment and Cost)