Registrar's FAQ › Final Grading
- When are final grades due?
- When can students see the grades I have submitted?
- Do I need to submit a grade for each student in the class?
- How often should I save my grades on myRedDragon? Does saving mean they are instantly sent to the student?
- I would like to change a grade I have already saved. Is this possible?
- I am unable to log into myRedDragon. Who can assist?
- I received a notice on the page stating “You have no assigned sections for this term” or “You may not currently enter final grades for this course.” What do I do?
- The course I am attempting to grade is not available in the drop down field. What do I do?
- A student has a “W” or “X” in the grading column. What does this mean?
- I have an incomplete grade that I need to resolve. How do I do this?
- I need to extend the time limit on an incomplete grade for a student? How do I do this?
- How can I print a copy of the grades I have submitted?
According to College policy, all grades are due to the Registrar's Office within 72 hours after each final examination given. Holidays are excluded. Saturday and Sunday are counted as 24 hours. Access the Registrar’s website to view grading open and close dates.
Students can see the grades you have assigned them on myRedDragon and CAPP, when grades have been rolled to academic history. Grade rolling is the process where the Registrar moves your saved grades to the official academic record for the student. Grade rolling only occurs weekdays when the College is in session. If a grade is submitted on a weekend, it will not be visible until the next weekday.
Every student needs to have a grade entered by the grade submission deadline to finalize your course, and for grading to appear complete. Grades not submitted by the deadline will revert to the “LG” grade indicator (late grade).
How often should I save my grades on myRedDragon? Does saving mean they are instantly sent to the student?
The system presents you with a timeout notice (20 minutes) indicating how much time you have before the page expires. Save often -- saving your work does not mean you cannot make changes if you discover an error or need to revisit the grade. Grades are only ‘locked’ and visible elsewhere when grade rolling occurs (see below). You must save your grades before moving to another set to avoid losing your entries. We highly recommend that you save often to avoid errors and timeout issues.
You are able to change a grade you have already saved if the grade has not rolled. Grade rolling is the process where the Registrar moves saved grades to the official academic record for the student. If the rolled grade column indicates “N” you are able to make a grade change. The drop-down box will remain active. If the column indicates “Y” the grade has been rolled, and a Grade Change Form is required to make any change. The drop-down box will also not be active.
The Help Desk (607-753-2500) is able to assist faculty, staff and campus community members with password issues and technical issues.
I received a notice on the page stating “You have no assigned sections for this term” or “You may not currently enter final grades for this course.” What do I do?
Generally this is because an incorrect term (semester) has been selected. To remedy this, click the “Return to Menu” link in the top right, then, select the first link: “Term Selection.” Select the current term for grading. If this does NOT remedy your issue, please call the Registrar’s Office at 607-753-4702.
Be certain you have selected the correct term. Additionally, be sure that you have selected the drop-down arrow on the selection box to see the entire list of courses. If the proper term is selected, and the course does not appear, please call the Registrar’s Office at 607-753-4702.
This means the student has withdrawn from the College or the course. No additional grade is required.
Incomplete grades are resolved by using the Grade Change Form available in the Registrar Faculty Resources channel on myRedDragon. (This is the same channel that contains the grade entry links.)
The Grade Change Form available in the Registrar Faculty Resources channel on myRedDragon may be used to extend incompletes.
After you have entered grades for all of your students and clicked SAVE/SUBMIT button, you may access the Summary Class List by clicking the link at the bottom of the grading page. Select the print function on your browser (FILE > PRINT or CTRL+P or CMD +P) to print the page.