Syllabus / Course Preparation Resources
The following resources have been assembled to help faculty access critical documents, dates, deadlines and information that is frequently used when developing course syllabi. Faculty should also consult their academic departments for specific departmental policies, deadlines or other requirements for syllabi.
Registrar: Dates, Deadlines and Exams
- Academic Calendars, Final Exams Calendars, Dates and Deadlines
- The official calendar is developed by the SUNY Cortland Calendar Committee, and approved by the Faculty Senate. The calendar provides guidance for all critical campus dates, deadlines, holidays and breaks.
- The final exam standard schedule is published prior to the beginning of the semester. Faculty members are also able to request specialized or alternate exam times, which are published mid-term.
- The Registrar's Dates and Deadlines document is a supplemental document that includes other critical administrative dates including midterm and final grading information, term start and end dates, student teaching dates, and other administrative deadlines.
- Grading Information
Access grading information and grading access dates.
- College Catalog
Access official course descriptions, general education information, pre-requisites and other course details. Current and past catalogs are available.
- SUNY Cortland Instructional Space Catalog
Access our online report that details classroom capacity, instructional technology, layout details and photographs.
- Schedule of Classes
The official public schedule of classes.
Registrar: myRedDragon Faculty Resources
SUNY Cortland's myRedDragon portal provides access to a complete range of tools for faculty. Using the Registrar's Resources channel and other channels accessible throughout myRedDragon, you are able to access:
- Class Lists
- Class Photo Lists
- Grading Information and Grade Entry Forms
- Various Tutorials (eLearning, Grading)
To access these services, log in to myRedDragon
, click the Academics
tab, then navigate to the Registrar's Faculty Resources
Important Related Support and Instructional Resources
- Advisement and Transition
The Advisement and Transition Office provides services and support to students regarding transition to college, academic planning, major choice, and academic decision-making. The site features a host of resources and tools for faculty. Additionally, the Advisor Resources channel within myRedDragon provides more data and access to tools.
- Academic Peer Mentoring
The academic peer mentor is a resource and referral agent in the residence hall for student concerns related to curriculum, academic policies and procedures, and possible career choices.
- Academic Support and Achievement Program (ASAP)
The ASAP staff provides academic support to students of all ability and achievement levels, through tutoring in writing, reading, math, time management and study skills.
- eLearning (Blackboard)
This site provides access to eLearning information including online tools, tutorials and workshop calendars. Additional eLearning help and information is directly accessible via myRedDragon.
- Memorial Library
The Library staff provides an array of services to students and faculty, including research and reference assistance, inter-library loan, and instruction in computer and library information.
- Student Code of Conduct and Related Policies
The Code of Conduct describes expectations and policies for students, including information related to academic integrity.
- Student Disability Services
Provides information related to services offered, as well as information concerning accessible coursework and materials.
- Writing Resource Center
Describes the Composition and Writing Intensive course policies and provides additional resources and support materials for faculty.