Outdoor Pursuits trips and workshops are available to all students, faculty/staff and vary in length from only a couple of hours, to day or overnight and even longer during breaks. All programs vary in activity and are geared for participation at any level, unless otherwise noted, so no previous experience is necessary.
Registration and payment are required prior to the day of the trip. All trips are subject to change due to factors beyond the control of the SUNY Cortland Recreational Sports Department. View the trip calendar below and also check us out on the campus communicator to see what adventures we have heading out next.
Trip and Workshops
Policies & Procedures
- Registration and payment are required prior to the day of the trip.
- All trips are subject to change due to factors beyond the control of the SUNY Cortland Recreational Sports Department.Students,
- Students and Faculty/Staff can sign up and pay for a trip using a credit card on the recreational sports purchase portal by clicking on the word 'register' below the trip description or in person at the Outdoor Pursuits Center with cash or check..
- A mandatory pre-trip meeting will be set-up with you the week of your trip via your SUNY Cortland email, so please be on the lookout for this email from one of your trip leaders. This meeting is very important to attend and is to help you better prepare yourself for your upcoming trip as well as share more details and logistics.
- Trip refund policy
What do I need to bring on my trip?
- All specialized camping gear and group gear will be provided for your trip. Examples of group gear include canoes, tents, stoves, cookware, etc. (anything that the entire group will need). You do not need to check these items out.
- You will be responsible however, for your own personal items such as a decent pair of hiking boots, a sleeping bag and rain gear, etc. If you need suggestions on finding these, we'll be glad to help. Our Outdoor Pursuits Rental Center does have a limited supply available of some personal equipment that you can rent for free for your trip.