NEW EVENT - Rec. Sports Adventure Race
- Date: Sunday, February 24
- Time: 2:00 p.m. (First Heat)
- Start Location: Student Life Center Climbing Wall
- Climb: Participants will climb the wall to the top and be belayed back down by our staff members. The participants will make 3 trips up and down the wall as fast as possible. Participants will be assigned to one route (which will be set to be as easy as possible) and will need to stay on this route for all 3 runs. The participants will have a 20-minute time cap to finish this portion of the race.
- Bike: Participants will pedal 3 miles on an indoor cycling biking as fast as possible.
- Paddle: Participants will use a whitewater kayak to complete 10 laps of a predesigned course in the SLC pool. Buoys will mark the course and participants must ensure that their kayaks stay on the correct side of the buoy. If a participant crosses onto the wrong side of a buoy they must go back to that buoy and continue from that point. If a participant gets close to the side of the pool it is permissible to use your hands to push away from the wall, rather than trying to use the paddle. There shall be no intentional hitting/touching/splashing of other participants or their kayaks. All participants must wear a helmet and Personal Flotation Device, which will be provided by Recreational Sports.
Register now through IM Leagues!
AWARDS: Event T-Shirts will be provided to all participants of the event. Prizes will be awarded to the top male and female finishers.
Outdoor Pursuits Program
Outdoor Pursuits (OP) strives to be the vehicle for Transformational Education by bringing the outdoors to the SUNY Cortland community. We believe life was meant for good friends and great adventures.
OP has recently partnered with the Inclusive Recreation Resource Center to work towards offering a more inclusive opportunity to all.
Outdoor Pursuits consists of six main program areas:
- Adirondack Trail Blazers
- Tripping Program
- Workshop Series
- Outdoor Gear Rental Center
- Cortland Bike Project
- Climbing/Bouldering Wall
OP center hours
Monday to Friday: 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: noon-6 p.m.
Hours will vary over breaks and can be viewed on the Recreational Sports Webpage. Note: Ensure to call ahead to see if we will be open, for we have limited staffing over breaks.
Located in the Student Life Center, right down the hall from Fuel.
Learn more about what's going on with OP by reading our past newsletters and subscribe to Recreational Sports on MyRedDragon Daily Digest to receive weekly updates on upcoming trips and workshops.
Get outside with us
Visit SUNY Cortland Outdoor Pursuits on Facebook
Visit SUNY Cortland Outdoor Pursuits on Instagram
Cortland_OP on Instagram