What is a Fitness Assessment?
A series of tests that a Personal Trainer performs on you to determine your current level of physical fitness. The data from the assessment can be utilized to design a personalized fitness program specifically tailored to you. Some of the many benefits of fitness assessments are as follows:
- Assess your current level of fitness to use as a starting point toward becoming more physically fit.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in relation to your current physical fitness level
- Identify potential areas of health or injury risk
- Establish fitness goals and motivation level
- Use the results to develop and establish an efficient and effective personal fitness program
- To track and evaluate a client’s or your own personal progress toward fitness goals
SUNY Cortland Students, Faculty/Staff, their Spouses/Dependents and other members of the Student Life Center can schedule a fitness assessment session with one of our Certified Personal Trainers. Anyone who participates in our Personal Training Program will receive a complete fitness assessment. Fitness tests available include:
- Resting Heart Rate
- Resting Blood Pressure
- BOD POD
- Girth or circumference measurements
- Body Mass Index
- Hip-to-Waist Ratio
- Specific assessments to measure flexibility and mobility of certain joints
- Physical tests to determine muscular strength and endurance
We also offer Bod Pod Testing. Click HERE for more information on the Bod Podfor more information on the Bod Pod.