Primary Group Exercise Certification
PRIMARY GROUP EXERCISE CERTIFICATION (v4)
Workshop Code 14100056
DATE AND TIME OF WORKSHOP: Saturday, October 18, 2014 from 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
WHAT IS IT? A review of AFAA's Basic Exercise Standards and Guidelines, anatomy, exercise science, exercise evaluation and exam criteria. The day concludes with the practical and written exams. The program format includes:
- Practical application of group exercise
- Study Guide overview
- Question and answer sessions
WHERE IS THE WORKSHOP LOCATED? SUNY Cortland, Van Hoesen Hall, Room C-122 (Tomik Fitness Facility)
WHO IS IT FOR? For group exercise instructors whose training and educational background has prepared them to take the AFAA Primary Group Exercise Certification (v4) exam. Prerequisites: Early registration, self-study before program and group exercise teaching experience. Current CPR certification required before certificate is issued. (The Practical Skills & Choreography workshop is a useful precurser).
SIGN-UP AND PAYMENT INFORMATION
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST? The workshop fee is $299.00 (less 10% for AFAA members). SUNY Cortland students pay only $203.30 since they receive a $33% discount. This fee includes:
- One-day Certification Review
- Primary Group Exercise Certification (v4) Study Guide
- Certification examinations (written and practical)
- One-year AFAA membership ($68.00 value) or membership extension to current members.
- Subscription to American Fitness magazine
- AFAA Certified Instructor certificate and I.D. card (upon successful completion of both examinations)
*The above mentioned fee does not include the required text, Fitness: Theory & Practice ($44.00). To order the text follow these directions:
- Go to this website: http://www.afaa.com
- On the left side of the screen under "Get Certified," click on "Study Materials."
- On the next page that appears, click on "Textbooks and Manuals" on the right side of the screen
- The book to study for Practical Skills and Choreography second one on the list, "Fitness: Theory & Practice.
How do I sign-up? To sign up for either or both of these workshops, please call Tina at 1 (814) 866-3438 or send an email to Tinaafaa@gmail.com
What if I have questions? If you have questions please contact Louise Mahar at (607) 753-4943 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org