Personal Fitness Trainer
PERSONAL FITNESS TRAINER WORKSHOP
Workshop Code: 14090800
Date & time of workshop? Friday - Sunday, September 19-21, 2014 (Friday 1:00-9:30 p.m., Saturday and Sunday 8:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.)
Location: Park Center, Room 1120
What is it? A three-day certification workshop including lectures, practical demonstration and written and practical exams. The curriculum includes:
Understanding Wellness; Health Screening and Risk Appraisal
Anatomy and Kinesiology
Nutrition fundamentals and weight management
Special populations and medical considerations
Listening, leadership and motivational skills
Exercise program design; Weight room/weight training skills
Fitness assessment testing procedures (3-minutes step test, sit-and-reach, push-up/abdominal crunch, body composition screening with skin-fold caliper measurement).
Where is the workshop located? SUNY Cortland, Park Center, Room 1130
Who is it for? For the aspiring and experienced fitness professional working one-on-one with exercise clients.
- Early registration and pre-study is required.
- Weightroom/weight training experience is strongly recommended.
How much does it cost? The workshop fee is $499.00 (less 10% for AFAA members). SUNY Cortland students pay only $349.30 since they receive a $30% discount. This fee includes the following:
- 3-day Certification workshop
- Personal Fitness Trainer Certification Study Guide
- One-year AFAA membership ($68.00 value) or membership extension to current members
- Subscription to American Fitness magazine
- AFAA Certified Personal Fitness Trainer certificate and I.D. card (upon successful completion of both examinations). CPR certification required before certificate is issued.
- For AFAA certified professionals who which to register for CEU credit only, not for certification, the workshop fee is $255.00. Receive 15 CEU's.
- Fee does not include the required Personal Fitness Training: Theory & Practice ($59.00 plus shipping)
How do I order study materials for this workshop?
If you are interested in ordering the textbook and or practice exam, click on the link below:
If you are a SUNY Cortland student and wish to sign up for this workshop and certification exam, please call Tina at 1 (814) 866-3438 or send an email to email@example.com
If you are not a SUNY Cortland student, please call AFAA at 1-800-923-2346 and reference workshop code #14090800 when registering.
What if I have questions? If you have questions please contact Louise Mahar at (607) 753-4943 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org